Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Off the top of your head can someone name a pic micro...

1. May 25, 2015 #1
    off the top of your head can someone name a pic micro that has a adc, Ethernet and open tcp stack available for it. preferably in dip package, 40 pin is all my programmer can handle.

I figure I should do something with my time so why not get started on my aquarium project.

2. jcsd
  3. May 25, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

What about a raspberry PI instead? Or an arduino?

4. May 25, 2015 #3
    I only have a pic programmer, no jtag or anything like that.

5. May 25, 2015 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

6. May 25, 2015 #5
    that site wasn't quite what I was looking for but thanks anyway.

does someone have a recent issue of circuit cellar or elecktor that has a small dev board with usb programmable flash mcu, Ethernet and a adc, an open tcp stack and free c compiler, maybe I'm asking too much but it ain't like it's pie in the sky, if it's usb programmable it prob has a bootloader already on it. i'll get a pcb made but don't have the tools to soldar a soc outline chip.

I really don't want to buy a tcp stack, compiler and a bunch of books to figure out how to use it, someone got a simpler solution? plus I'm poor, I can only spend at most $200 on this total.

7. May 25, 2015 #6
    I went back to that site you suggested and saw this unfurtunitly it's discontinued:
    https://www.sparkfun.com/products/retired/7830
    10 bit adc will give 1024 levels of resolution and that should be fine, it has 9 I/o pins and I guess I can extend that with a bcd mux but the bad part is I have to buy another programmer. I guess all of this is a moot point since they no longer make it.

8. May 25, 2015 #7
  9. May 25, 2015 #8
    I just sent off an email to microchip asking for all docs and software for this chip as well as the pickit 3 programmer hopefully the still have this stuff on cd.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook