AXIS P1355 Camera I/O + relay to turn on light/garage door

In summary, this camera has digital inputs and outputs, and a different voltage. The relay and diode should be connected to pins 4 and 2 of the camera, and the garage door should have its own relay.
asiawatcher
here is the manual http://www.axis.com/en/files/manuals/um_p1355_49956_en_1303.pdf

see page 61

Notes: i have seen this thread https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/axis-camera-with-i-o-and-relay-to-turn-on-lights.538043/ but this camera is a bit different i think as it has digital inputs and outputs and different voltagei need to use this camera in a parking lot to turn on a green traffic light and at the same time open a garage door/barrier when camera recognizes the correct license plates (via embedded separate application installed in camera which will trigger the i/o) as output from the camera (i won't use inputs at all in this application only output alarm of the camera)

Im trying to figure out which relay and diode should i use and how to connect them to the camera but i can't figure it out and documentation of the camera isn't helping at all, i searched ebay and i can't find a proper relay that will do the job or at least i think, any ideas ? The traffic light is 220v (x1 60w-100w normal light bulb that will turn on when barrier/garage door opens from the camera and off when it closes) I would prefer a relay with built in diode for simplicity if available

My guess is pins 4 and 2 should be connected to 220v relay with 3.3v drive and the diode head arrow should point to pin 2 or pin 4 ? the plus goes to pin 2 from relay coil ?

This is the first question the second question is when i connect the output to the garage door inputs (ssee attached pic) can i connect it directly from the camera or does it need a diode and relay again ? I think garage door has its own relay right ? so i should put diode again in parallel so it won't burn the camera out ?

Third question can i connect both the traffic light and the garage door inputs to the same outputs of the camera directly or do i need some circuit in between that needs to be purchased separately?

If there are any ready made solutions for this please let me know as i searched google without success

(this guy is out of the question http://www.ibou.fr/cameras/cameras.html too expensive and not responsive to emails)

thanks a lot for any help in advance

Attachments

• liftmaster.jpg
    liftmaster.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,918
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
p.s. someone suggested i could do this easier (part 2 of the question) by using directly the remote control of the door and wiring the camera via the relay to the remote directly which works with a small 12v battery. In a few words glue the button of the remote permanently down and the camera via the relay will provide 12v momentarily via relay open to the remote which will act like a button was pushed and door will open.any thoughts ? cheers

p.s.2 i got another remote which uses exacty 3.3 v battery like the camera alarm output's could in this case be wired directly from camera to remote without relays and diodes or it won't work ?

thanks

Last edited:

What is the AXIS P1355 Camera I/O + relay and how does it work?

The AXIS P1355 Camera I/O + relay is a device that allows for the control of external devices, such as lights or garage doors, through the use of a camera's input and output ports. The camera's input port receives signals from the external device, while the output port sends signals to the device to control its function.

Can the AXIS P1355 Camera I/O + relay be used with any type of camera?

The AXIS P1355 Camera I/O + relay is designed to be used with Axis network cameras, specifically those with an I/O port. It is not compatible with other types of cameras.

How can I set up the AXIS P1355 Camera I/O + relay to turn on a light or open a garage door?

In order to set up the AXIS P1355 Camera I/O + relay, you will need to connect the input and output ports to the external device and configure the camera's settings to send signals to the device. This can usually be done through the camera's web interface, where you can specify which events or triggers will activate the relay.

Is the AXIS P1355 Camera I/O + relay weatherproof and suitable for outdoor use?

No, the AXIS P1355 Camera I/O + relay is not weatherproof and is not suitable for outdoor use. It should only be used in indoor environments.

Can the AXIS P1355 Camera I/O + relay be used for other purposes besides controlling lights and garage doors?

Yes, the AXIS P1355 Camera I/O + relay can be used for various other purposes, such as triggering alarms, opening gates, or controlling other electronic devices. It can be configured to activate in response to different events or triggers, making it a versatile tool for various applications.