Witness a House Engulfed in Flames!

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
In summary: The fact that the airport is right next to a military base that's constantly bombing the crap out of other countries is ironic. The fact that the airport is in the middle of a city that's constantly being bombed is ironic. The fact that the airport is the busiest in the world and always full of planes is ironic.
Cyrus
Damn, in my back yards are some woods. Behind those woods are some houses. I was going out for lunch and saw all this smoke in the air. Then I got 911 ready on my cell phone just incase and drove to check it out. As I was driving down a Blackhawk helicopter started circling around. Then I could see this house engulfed in FLAMES! There were 50 fire trucks all around. That house was TOASTED! The whole house was one big burning wreck :frown: That was my event for the day.

Physics news on Phys.org
A black hawk heilcopter was there!Did terroist attack that house or somthing I thought black heilcopters where only used the milltary and it's illgeal for them to operate within the US

It was a military helicopter, not olive drab, it was glossy white with black and gold trim. There are a lot of Hueys and Blackhawks that fly government VIP's around town. I think this one was flying by and saw the smoke and started to circle. They operate within the US on a daily basis. I ride my bike down in dc sometimes. The department of homeland security has a black blackhawk that they fly VERY low and VERY fast around dc. U can see the guys sitting out the open doors with their H&K machine guns hanging out the side doors. Its SWEET. Its like an airshow as you ride your bike.

2036742.hsmall.jpg

This one flys around dc, but it was not the one that flew over today. Still cool though. That road right next to the river where that one car is (near the tail rotor) and passes under the bridge has a bike trail that connects all the way from Mt. Vernon, to Regan, to Georgetown, to Bathesda Maryland. If you ride down that trail you get to see all sorts of low flying airplanes all day long. Its awesome.

Last edited:
I used to ride that bike path during the 70s and 80s when we lived in Northern VA. I never got to see an air show! And "Reagan" will always be "National" to me. And Tyson's Corner used to be a corner (Now it's TWO huge shopping malls). And people used to drive the speed limit onthe parkway. And (Get this) the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, part of the beltway, and one of the most heavily traveled sections of roadway in the country, it used to be a DRAWbridge! Can you believe that?

And people used to drive the speed limit onthe parkway.

WHAT!? Thats a parkway!? I thought that was a racetrack. I love to zip down that thing at like 100mph. Its an amazing drive! Those roads are like silk, I sware they are amazing.

The airport is still national to me too. No one calls it regan here.

I never got to see an air show!

Sure you did, just go to graveley point or haines point!

cyrusabdollahi said:
The airport is still national to me too. No one calls it regan here.

This reminds me of a comedy routine I heard a while back about the Alanis Morrisette song "Ironic." Something to the effect of:

Rain on your wedding day isn't ironic; it's unfortunate. Naming the national airport after the man that laid off all the airline workers is ironic.

1. What caused the house to catch on fire?

There could be many potential causes of a house fire, including electrical issues, cooking accidents, smoking materials, or even arson. It is important to investigate the specific circumstances of the fire to determine the exact cause.

2. Were there any injuries or fatalities?

Unfortunately, house fires can result in injuries or even fatalities. It is important for emergency responders to prioritize the safety of individuals in and around the burning house and provide medical attention if necessary.

3. How long did it take for the house to become completely engulfed in flames?

The time it takes for a house to become engulfed in flames can vary depending on factors such as the size and structure of the house, the materials it is made of, and the intensity of the fire. It is important for emergency responders to arrive as quickly as possible to minimize damage and potential injuries.

4. Did the fire department arrive in time to save the house?

The effectiveness of the fire department's response can also vary depending on factors such as the size and intensity of the fire, the availability of resources, and the location of the house. In some cases, it may be possible to save the house, while in others, the fire may be too advanced to prevent significant damage.

5. How can we prevent house fires from happening?

There are several steps that homeowners can take to reduce the risk of house fires, such as regularly checking and maintaining electrical systems, using caution when cooking and smoking, and having functioning smoke detectors installed. It is also important to have an emergency plan in place in case a fire does occur.