Ok I just understanding a little pre-cal

• Thread starter austin1250
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a flash card quiz in calculus where students have to apply concepts to graphs of exponential and logarithmic functions. It also touches on determining the domain and range of these graphs, including how transformations and multiplicative inverses affect them. The conversation also mentions the change of base formula for logarithmic functions.
austin1250
In calc we are having like this flash card quiz and you have to apply things to the graph of like e^x or lnx.

I was wondering how do you determine the domain range of graphs like these.

for example e^x graph domain is all reals, and the range is 0 to infinity. How would you transform this graph and still determine the domain/range? would it be like 2^x and then the range just changes to 2 to infinity?

And also question about ln verse log base of 10

how would you go about like getting ln100 and find out what is that equal to of the follwing in base 10.

ex answer choices are. log e , 2/log e , log(100e), log e /2 , none of these

Mathematics news on Phys.org
For an exponential a^x, the domain is all reals and range (0,infinity) for any constant a. The domain and range would change for linear transformations, as well as multiplicative inverses, so if you need to know about those, you should ask.

You're second question has to do with the change of base formula.

log_b (a) = log_k (a)/log_k (b) for any k that you want. You should be able to figure it out from there.

Related to Ok I just understanding a little pre-cal

What are the key concepts in pre-calculus?

The key concepts in pre-calculus include functions, graphs, limits, derivatives, and integrals.

How does pre-calculus differ from calculus?

Pre-calculus is a foundational course that covers topics such as functions and their properties, while calculus deals with more advanced topics such as rates of change and optimization.

What are some common applications of pre-calculus?

Pre-calculus is used in various fields such as physics, engineering, economics, and statistics to model and analyze real-world problems.

What are some tips for succeeding in pre-calculus?

Some tips for succeeding in pre-calculus include practicing regularly, seeking help when needed, and understanding the underlying concepts rather than just memorizing formulas.

How can I use pre-calculus in my daily life?

Pre-calculus can be used in daily life to make informed decisions, such as calculating budgets, understanding growth rates, and analyzing data.