Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Old and young,young and old and old and young

1. Jun 9, 2009 #1
    3 colored species (one species but 3 colors):old and young,young and old and old and young

old
    mate with old
    young
    mate withyoung
    young
    mate withold

anyone know I would want to find the percentage number of genes common in the offspring ? you know ?
    I am so very worried that the whole family have the 60-70% common gene. please tell me.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 9, 2009 #2
    Re: Nested

I see none body want read my thread. I asking a question, I only see viewing 2 for this thread. Genetics is amazing!

4. Jun 9, 2009 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, your question makes no sense. There are no "old" genes and "young" genes.

5. Jun 9, 2009 #4

Sorry and thank for reply, "old and young" mean one species different phenotype, the color is the phentype.

6. Jun 10, 2009 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You have not provided any sort of coherent question that can be answered, and certainly not enough information to know anything about gene frequencies. I still don't know what you mean by young and old. Age has nothing to do with heritability.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook