How can I overcome shyness and become an active member of the physics community?

• Thread starter sutece
  • Start date
In summary, overcoming shyness and becoming an active member of the physics community can be achieved by taking small steps, such as attending events and networking, practicing public speaking and communication skills, and seeking mentorship and guidance from experienced members. It is also important to build confidence in one's knowledge and abilities, and to remember that everyone has something valuable to contribute to the community. By actively engaging and participating, one can overcome shyness and make meaningful connections with others in the physics community.
sutece
Hi! My name is Susie, and I'm a physics major in Washington. I've been lurking on the forums for a long time, but haven't actually made an account or participated until now because I'm shy.

I'm pretty early in my physics major, as I've basically just declared it after a lifetime of procrastination, denial, and a very unsupportive family situation.

Thank you for having me!

Susie (sutece)
Twitter

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Susie! :smile: