Operation with tensor quantities in quantum field theory

In summary, there are several programming languages and tools that can be used for analytical operations in quantum field theory, such as REDUCE, FORM, GiNaC, sympy, FERMAT, HEPMath, TRACER, FormCalc, and Redberry. Some high energy phenomenologists find FeynCalc to be particularly useful, and it has been used in some physics departments for problems related to the standard model.
illuminates
I would like to know where one may operate with tensor quantities in quantum field theory: Minkowski tensors, spinors, effective lagrangians (for example sigma models or models with four quark interaction), gamma matrices, Grassmann algebra, Lie algebra, fermion determinants and et cetera.
I know little about
And I heard about HEPMath, FORM, TRACER, FormCalc, FeynCalc, Redberry. And there is Maple, but I didn't see how it can be used in quantum field theory. What is the best programme for analytical operation in quantum field theory?

Technology news on Phys.org
I know that high energy phenomenologists find FeynCalc to be particularly appealing. My standard model course had problems where we had to use FeynCalc, but that might just be the case in my physics department.

1. What are tensor quantities in quantum field theory?

Tensor quantities are mathematical objects that have both magnitude and direction and can be represented by arrays of numbers. In quantum field theory, tensors are used to describe the properties and interactions of particles at the subatomic level.

2. How are tensor quantities used in quantum field theory?

Tensor quantities are used in quantum field theory to describe the behavior and interactions of particles, such as their spin, momentum, and energy. They are also used to formulate equations and calculate probabilities of particle interactions.

3. What is the importance of tensor quantities in quantum field theory?

Tensor quantities are crucial in quantum field theory as they allow us to mathematically describe and understand the behavior of particles at the subatomic level. They also help us make predictions and test the validity of theories in this field.

4. What are some common operations performed with tensor quantities in quantum field theory?

Some common operations performed with tensor quantities in quantum field theory include contraction, multiplication, and differentiation. These operations help us simplify and manipulate tensors to analyze particle interactions and make predictions.

5. How do tensor quantities in quantum field theory differ from tensors in other fields?

Tensor quantities in quantum field theory have unique properties and behaviors that are specific to the subatomic world. They also follow the principles of quantum mechanics, which differ from classical mechanics. Additionally, tensor quantities in quantum field theory can have complex values, unlike tensors in other fields which are typically real-valued.