Optic Question; I need somebody's help

• Thread starter Jona
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Optic
In summary, a group of individuals are discussing a problem involving the calculation of longitudinal magnification using a lens and an object of known length and distance. One member requests the solution be posted the following Sunday, to which another member reminds them that they do not do homework for others on this forum. The original poster clarifies that the homework is actually for their brother and they may post their solution next Sunday. The conversation ends with a reminder that doing someone else's homework does not benefit them in the long run.
Jona
Hi everyone
This is my exercise.

Calculate the longitudinal magnification of an object of length L placed along the principal axis of a lens (of focal length f) with the end B at distance H from the lens :confused:

I've attached the image of this problem
I prefer the solution next sunday :smile:

Thank you so much
Jona

Oh! I forget "f" in the picture, It's below the lens...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Jona.

Jona said:
I prefer the solution next sunday

Please note that we do not do your homeworkf for you here! You must first show your efforts, so we can guide you to the answer. Although I can't see the image yet (it needs to be approved) I guess from the above comment, that you haven't put your working in there. So, do you have any thoughts as to how to solve the problem?

I would post the solution but I'll follow the OP's request of posting it next Sunday...

...actually, I won't be at work as it's a Sunday.

Guess I'll have to leave this one.

Hey-ho :tongue: :biggrin:

Really it's my brother homework and
I may solve this one for him if I've enough time
And I write down that "I prefer the solution next sunday"
Because he shout to me like that, so thanks for your all advices.

And I may put my solution in this post and attach that image again
Thank you so much.

exercise.GIF

That pic is in his notebook
I think it's a strange pic -*-

If you think you are doing your 'brother' a favour by doing his homework, you are very mistaken.

Just as by doing your homework, we would not be doing you a favor-- but rather a disservice.

Last edited:
dontdisturbmycircles said:
If you think you are doing your 'brother' a favour by doing his homework, you are very mistaken.

Just as by doing your homework, we would not be doing you a favour, but rather a disservice.

I agree. If your brother needs help, then by all means help him if you can. But doing it for him will not help him learn at all!

1. What is an optic question?

An optic question is a type of question that requires the use of diagrams, graphs, or other visual aids to understand and answer. These questions are commonly used in science and math fields, particularly in areas such as optics, physics, and geometry.

2. How do I solve an optic question?

The key to solving an optic question is to carefully analyze the given visual aids and use them to guide your thinking. Make sure to identify any important components of the diagram or graph and understand how they relate to the question being asked. Then, use your knowledge of relevant principles and equations to find the solution.

3. What are some common types of optic questions?

Some common types of optic questions include ray tracing problems, lens and mirror equations, and geometric optics problems. These questions may involve calculating distances, angles, or properties of light waves, and often require the use of diagrams or graphs to visualize the problem.

4. Can I use any formula to solve an optic question?

It is important to use the correct formula for each type of optic question. Make sure to review and understand the relevant equations and principles before attempting to solve the problem. Using the wrong formula can lead to incorrect solutions.

5. How can I improve my skills in solving optic questions?

Practice is key to improving your skills in solving optic questions. Make sure to review the relevant concepts and equations, and solve a variety of practice problems. It can also be helpful to seek out additional resources, such as textbooks or online tutorials, to further develop your understanding of optic principles.