Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Optical Character Recognition using Neural network

1. Apr 15, 2015 #1
    Hey all, does anyone know a link where I can find a c# implementation of a neural net that does OCR WITHOUT using libraries, I feel that OCR is a nice way to learn how neural nets classify data. Any help appreciated, thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2015 #2
    If you know of open source code which uses libraries, the libraries are probably open source too.
    You could extract the relevent functions as source and implement/extend as necessary for your project without needing to call the original library.

4. Apr 15, 2015 #3
    Then I would have to decompile it, also they are probably alot more complicated that ones I could find online.

5. Apr 16, 2015 #4
    If the libraries are open source you don't have to decompile them.
    You have the source as-is. and can take whichever routines you need and adapt them as required for your own project.
    It's generally considered to be the honorable thing to do though to mention that some of your code is derived/inspired by <whatever>.

6. Apr 17, 2015 #5
    If you want to see how neural net classify data, then begin to write a neural net by yourself. It's not realy hard but very instructive. I think that you must use 2D data so you can see the classification on a plot.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook