1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Organic Chemistry - Polymerization of Propene to Polypropylene

1. Sep 25, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

The polymerization of propene to polypropylene progresses through a radical mechanism.

Complete the propagation step of the reaction mechanism diagram by drawing in the missing lone pairs, radical electrons, atomic charges, and electron-flow arrows where appropriate.

2. The attempt at a solution

Can someone please check my answer below to see if its right?

My Answer:

propenetopolypropylene.png

This is the original template that was provided.

propenetemplate.png

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2010 #2
    You have it right. If it is not accepted then there may be an issue with the definition of 'propagation'. Post back once you have submitted the answer.

4. Sep 26, 2010 #3
    Hmm, the online homework thing rejected my answer. Since I used up all my tries I can't submit any more answers. I hope I'm not missing anything in my answer.

5. Sep 26, 2010 #4
    Sorry to hear about it. Didn't it give you the answer? Usually the program gives you the answer after your have exhausted your chances.
    Do you want to share what else you tried?
    Also, you may want to send this answer to your professor and ask him for a correct response.

6. Sep 27, 2010 #5
    For some reason, the program does not give me the correct answer probably because the course administrator has turned that function off. I'll send my answer to my professor and see what he says.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook