Organic Chemistry - Polymerization of Propene to Polypropylene

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 14K views
AsuraSky
Messages
16
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



The polymerization of propene to polypropylene progresses through a radical mechanism.

Complete the propagation step of the reaction mechanism diagram by drawing in the missing lone pairs, radical electrons, atomic charges, and electron-flow arrows where appropriate.

2. The attempt at a solution

Can someone please check my answer below to see if its right?

My Answer:

propenetopolypropylene.png


This is the original template that was provided.

propenetemplate.png
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You have it right. If it is not accepted then there may be an issue with the definition of 'propagation'. Post back once you have submitted the answer.
 
Hmm, the online homework thing rejected my answer. Since I used up all my tries I can't submit any more answers. I hope I'm not missing anything in my answer.
 
Sorry to hear about it. Didn't it give you the answer? Usually the program gives you the answer after your have exhausted your chances.
Do you want to share what else you tried?
Also, you may want to send this answer to your professor and ask him for a correct response.
 
For some reason, the program does not give me the correct answer probably because the course administrator has turned that function off. I'll send my answer to my professor and see what he says.