• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Classical Overwhelmed by the exercises in Kleppner and Kolenkow

There are a great number of problems found in An Introduction to Mechanics and as some of you already know they can be very difficult. Due to time constraints I cannot tackle all of them nor do I wish to. Could someone please point me to a small set of comprehensive problems? Perhaps from a course outline?

I would select the problems myself but being new to mechanics I'm unable to decide which problems form a comprehensive set.

Much appreciated

Edit: I have found an old course at MIT that used Kleppner and Kolenkow. Here are the selected problems. Please note the outline below uses the first edition (numbered problems may differ) https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/8-012-physics-i-classical-mechanics-fall-2008/assignments/

Here are two other course centered on K&K (2nd edition) with selected problems.

Last edited:

fresh_42

Mentor
Insights Author
2018 Award
If you search e.g. "classical mechanics exam solutions" or similar, you get many links which are automatically appropriate since they have been part of a test or homework.

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Have you looked into the Schaum's series and other books that contain solved problems with explanations? The idea is to have a middle ground between theory and practice. I think Schaum's does a good job of it.

Last edited: