Parametric equations for the portion of the parabola y=x^2?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
sheldonrocks97
Gold Member
Messages
66
Reaction score
2

Homework Statement



Find the parametric equations for the portion of the parabola y=x^2 from
(-1,1) to (3,9)


Homework Equations



None that I know of.

The Attempt at a Solution



Using knowledge of parametric equations I am not sure how to start. My teacher never went over this in class and she assigned it as homework. How do I start?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
sheldonrocks97 said:

Homework Statement



Find the parametric equations for the portion of the parabola y=x^2 from
(-1,1) to (3,9)


Homework Equations



None that I know of.

The Attempt at a Solution



Using knowledge of parametric equations I am not sure how to start. My teacher never went over this in class and she assigned it as homework. How do I start?

If you let ##x=t## what would ##y## be? What values of ##t## would you use?