Paratrooper Ride from an engineering perspective

In summary, a paratrooper fair ride is a ride that spins and the cars lean outwards at an angle based on the speed at which it spins.
gallant_justin
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some insight into how a paratrooper fair ride works from a science/engineering view.

Engineering news on Phys.org
gallant_justin said:
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some insight into how a paratrooper fair ride works from a science/engineering view.

Do you have a better description of the ride? I'm not sure which kind you're talking about...

So what do you want to know about it? It's a relatively simple ride: it spins, the cars lean outwards at an angle based on the speed at which it spins. A little vector addition will tell you what angle the cars will lean at based on the angular velocity of the wheel and the radius the cars are located at (keep in mind, you're interested in the radius to the center of mass of the cars, which will change as they spin outwards).

As for operating specs and stuff, you need to talk to a manufacturer of these ride. I don't have a universal manual for operating specifications of fair rides.

:cool:

i think i can help you

hey justin,
i think i have just the thing you're looking for... how about we meet up some time and discuss it... don't worry, i'll find you

I work for a company that owns a paratrooper ride. If you want specific information about the ride check with Dartron Industries. However, I have been searching for technical information myself because our manuals & other documentation are incomplete.(The model we have is a 1974) I can tell you it was manufactured by Hrubetz which was later bought out by Dartron. And if you look further you will find that ride manufacturer websites are more geared toward selling rides than providing information about them. If you have any more luck finding technical specs, please let me know where you find them.

Jesse James before he died
Named four things he liked to ride
Tri Cycle, Bicycle ,Automobile
And a Bow Legged Woman on Ferris Wheel

cadence.. 5 mile run..82nd Airborne Division
what is a Paratrooper ride?

did I not give that to some one on Hay Street in Fayetteville out side the Rip Cord Lounge one night for a bottle of Beam?

What is the design of the Paratrooper Ride?

The Paratrooper Ride is designed as a type of amusement ride that utilizes a rotating arm with suspended seats at the end. The arm rotates at high speeds while the seats also move up and down in a circular motion, providing a thrilling experience for riders.

How is the Paratrooper Ride able to support the weight of riders?

The Paratrooper Ride is designed with strong steel frames and supports, as well as multiple safety mechanisms to ensure the safety and stability of the ride. The seats and restraints are also designed to support the weight of riders and distribute it evenly throughout the ride.

What type of engineering is involved in the construction of the Paratrooper Ride?

The construction of the Paratrooper Ride involves various types of engineering, including mechanical, structural, and electrical engineering. These disciplines work together to design, build, and maintain the ride, ensuring its safety and functionality.

How is the safety of the Paratrooper Ride ensured?

The safety of the Paratrooper Ride is ensured through rigorous testing and inspections during the design and construction process. The ride is also regularly inspected and maintained by trained professionals to ensure that all safety mechanisms are in proper working order.

What makes the Paratrooper Ride a unique engineering feat?

The Paratrooper Ride is a unique engineering feat due to its combination of various engineering disciplines, as well as its ability to provide a thrilling and safe experience for riders. The design and construction of the ride require precise calculations and innovative solutions to ensure its functionality and safety.