Pat Robertson is a heartless lunatic.

• News
  • Thread starter Dembadon
  • Start date
In summary, Pat Robertson suggested on his show "The 700 Club" that the tragedy in Haiti was retribution for a age-old "pact with the devil" made by Haitians. Robertson's claim is based on a false story told to him by Haitians that they revolted against the French and got themselves free. Robertson's suggestion that this tragedy is a result of a "deal with the devil" is heartless and wrong.
Dembadon
Gold Member
Evangelical and former Republican Presidential candidate Pat Robertson recently suggested on his show "The 700 Club" that the tragedy in Haiti was retribution for a age-old "pact with the devil" made by Haitians.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122605786&ft=1&f=46

I can't believe that this imbecile would say something like this after such a tragedy. I wish I had the resources to ship him off into space and rid this planet of his moronic outbursts.

Physics news on Phys.org
Dembadon said:
I can't believe that this imbecile would say something like this after such a tragedy.
That's his job.

10 SAY $something really stupid
20 IF $AUDIENCE < $PREV_AUDIENCE
30 $something really stupid ++
40 goto 10

Dembadon, this is how he makes news. Every time we have a national disaster of some sort, he blames it on the victims, and thus makes headlines. Just look at what he said about Hurricane Katrina. The man's an attention hog.

Dembadon said:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122605786&ft=1&f=46

I can't believe that this imbecile would say something like this after such a tragedy. I wish I had the resources to ship him off into space and rid this planet of his moronic outbursts.

I don't know how you arrived at him being heartless considering that quote comes from a speech where he is asking people to pray and send relief support to Haiti, and his ministry runs orphanages, clinics etc. in Haiti...

ibnsos said:
I don't know how you arrived at him being heartless considering that quote comes from a speech where he is asking people to pray and send relief support to Haiti, and his ministry runs orphanages, clinics etc. in Haiti...

I don't care what his "ministry" does; it doesn't justify blaming a tragedy of this magnitude on the people to whom it happened.

Mr. PAT ROBERTSON (Host, �The 700 Club�): They said we will serve you if you'll get us free from the French. True Story. And so the devil said ok, it's a deal. And they kicked the French out. You know, the Haitians revolted and got themselves free. But ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other, desperately poor.

I see a common theme, here. New Orleans used to belong to the French. In fact, the revolution in Haiti (plus Pierre LaPlace's inept administration) contributed to the French losing heart in the entire idea of the New World.

Likewise, Bob Ney (R-OH) renamed French Fries to Freedom Fries and subsequently pled guilty to charges of conspiracy and making false statements in relation to the Jack Abramoff Indian lobbying scandal.

Walter Jones (R-NC) was also involved in renaming French Fries to Freedom Fries, but, since Ney's bad karma, has gone from having one of the most conservative voting records of any Republican to having one of the most liberal voting records of any Republican.

I think it's clear that Pat Robertson is secretly a French sympathizer.

What evidence is there that Pat Robertson is a heartless lunatic?

There is no scientific evidence to support the claim that Pat Robertson is a heartless lunatic. This statement is subjective and based on personal opinions and interpretations of his actions and statements.

What actions has Pat Robertson taken that are considered heartless?

Some people may consider Pat Robertson's controversial statements and views on certain social and political issues to be heartless. However, it is important to note that these views are his own and do not represent the views of all individuals.

How does Pat Robertson's behavior compare to that of other public figures?

It is not fair or scientifically accurate to compare one individual's behavior to that of others. Each person is unique and should be evaluated based on their own actions and beliefs.

Is there any scientific research on the effects of being a heartless lunatic?

No, there is no scientific research specifically on the effects of being a heartless lunatic. This term is not recognized in the scientific community and therefore has not been studied.

Can a person be diagnosed as a heartless lunatic?

No, a mental health diagnosis cannot be made based on a subjective label. A trained mental health professional would need to conduct a thorough evaluation to make a diagnosis.