Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Pat Robertson is a heartless lunatic.

1. Jan 25, 2010 #1

Dembadon

Gold Member

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122605786&ft=1&f=46

I can't believe that this imbecile would say something like this after such a tragedy. I wish I had the resources to ship him off into space and rid this planet of his moronic outbursts.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2010 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That's his job.

10 SAY $something really stupid
    20 IF $AUDIENCE < $PREV_AUDIENCE
    30 $something really stupid ++
    40 goto 10

4. Jan 25, 2010 #3

Char. Limit

Gold Member

Dembadon, this is how he makes news. Every time we have a national disaster of some sort, he blames it on the victims, and thus makes headlines. Just look at what he said about Hurricane Katrina. The man's an attention hog.

5. Jan 25, 2010 #4
    I don't know how you arrived at him being heartless considering that quote comes from a speech where he is asking people to pray and send relief support to Haiti, and his ministry runs orphanages, clinics etc. in Haiti....

6. Jan 25, 2010 #5

Dembadon

Gold Member

I don't care what his "ministry" does; it doesn't justify blaming a tragedy of this magnitude on the people to whom it happened.

7. Jan 26, 2010 #6

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I see a common theme, here. New Orleans used to belong to the French. In fact, the revolution in Haiti (plus Pierre LaPlace's inept administration) contributed to the French losing heart in the entire idea of the New World.

Likewise, Bob Ney (R-OH) renamed French Fries to Freedom Fries and subsequently pled guilty to charges of conspiracy and making false statements in relation to the Jack Abramoff Indian lobbying scandal.

Walter Jones (R-NC) was also involved in renaming French Fries to Freedom Fries, but, since Ney's bad karma, has gone from having one of the most conservative voting records of any Republican to having one of the most liberal voting records of any Republican.

I think it's clear that Pat Robertson is secretly a French sympathizer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook