Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Patternship of power plant based on lightnig

1. Apr 29, 2012 #1
    hey friends i am new to this forum,

yes i want help for applying for a patent . i have an idea about harvesting the lightining,
    so to conduct I need patent isn't it .

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 30, 2012 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Is English your first language? If not, could you get a little help in typing out your question, as I cannot understand you very well.

4. Apr 30, 2012 #3

K^2

Science Advisor

I think he wants help with applying for a patent.

5. Apr 30, 2012 #4
    Guess he is looking for partnerships to conduct research on his "harvesting the lightning" theory.

6. Apr 30, 2012 #5
    yes I wants help for applying for a paten.I want paten for conducting my experiment

7. Apr 30, 2012 #6

Bobbywhy

Gold Member

sivarama, Welcome to Physics Forums!

“Nolo” is the most popular and famous company that helps people get a patent. I suggest you start by reading and studying the most important 5 steps they give for free.
    “Getting a Patent on Your Own. Here's how to get a U.S. patent on your idea or invention --without a lawyer.”
    http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/getting-patent-yourself-29493.html

Then, if you think you can meet the requirements above, get this book:
    Book “Patents For Beginners” $18.00
    http://www.nolo.com/products/nolos-patents-for-beginners-QPAT.html

If you get past my suggestions 1 and 2 and you are still interested in filing a patent application you should get this book to learn everything you must do, and how to do it.
    Book “Patent It Yourself” $35.00
    http://www.nolo.com/products/patent-it-yourself-PAT.html

8. Apr 30, 2012 #7

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

You should begin with the experiment first (you don't need a patent to perform experiments). If it works, it might be something which can be patented. And you will need something working to get a patent.

9. Apr 30, 2012 #8

sophiecentaur

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It doesn't actually need to WORK (even!). You just need to write your patent application in such a way as it satisfies the Patent Examiner that it hasn't been patented before and also satisfies a few basic requirements. I should look up this in a form that is in your own language. It will be very hard work to get it if you are not a Patent Expert.
    Just enjoy your experiments and don't blow yourself up!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook