Permanent magnet motor drive train

Hello there,
can anyone tell me what is a permanent magnet motor drive train and what is the working principle of permanent magnet motor drive train ? i have searched google but i couldn't find anything useful

Answers and Replies

Nidum
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Do you mean the electrical drive system which powers the motor or the mechanical drive system which transmits power between motor and load ?

Electric drive system, i have been assigned with this task and i have no idea about electrical :p

Nidum
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Put these key words into Google :

dc motor control systems

dc motor power supply circuits

dc motor variable speed controllers

That should give you the basics .

Please come back if you have specific questions

But i need them for Permanent Magnet motors only

Nidum
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The searches I suggested will all yield information relevant to permanent magnet motor control systems .

There is a huge amount of information relating to all kinds of motor control systems readily available - just do a proper search using some very obvious keywords

Try ' control systems for permanent magnet dc motors ' for instance .

Also look up BLDC motor ...

CWatters
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
"Permanent magnet motors" can be tiny (used as vibrators in pagers) to real monsters. Speeds from 0 to >50,000 rpm. What sort of motors are you interested in?

What's the application? Do you just need to control the speed or position as well? Regenerative braking?

Randy Beikmann
Gold Member
Is it an AC or DC motor you are working on?

I am working on DC

"Permanent magnet motors" can be tiny (used as vibrators in pagers) to real monsters. Speeds from 0 to >50,000 rpm. What sort of motors are you interested in?

What's the application? Do you just need to control the speed or position as well? Regenerative braking?
i need the whole setup including the speed control position control as well as the torque control and braking