Photo Contest - Ghosts (3/1-3/7)

In summary, the conversation was about the benefits of meditation. The speaker explained how it can reduce stress, improve focus, and increase overall well-being. They also discussed different techniques and tips for incorporating meditation into daily life.
What I do in such cases is I put my hand close to the bring spot to see the shadow, then finding the source of the light is a breeze.

Physics news on Phys.org
G_zps32f076c0.jpg

Final day to post your ghostly photos for this contest.

Zz.

Borek said:
What I do in such cases is I put my hand close to the bring spot to see the shadow, then finding the source of the light is a breeze.

I did find the source with no problem after the original shock of looking up at the ceiling just as I had awaked from a nap. A small ray of sunlight coming through an opening in the living room curtains 40 feet away was the source of light.

What that ray of sunlight was reflecting off of and then shooting the weird image backward and onto the ceiling was just as strange as the image itself. It was a very small object on the fireplace mantle.

The object had belonged to my deceased mother. The object had to be at a precise place on the mantel. The sun can only strike the mantle during a one week period near the end of December. I realized this later.

Even then the "effect" only happens just before sunset and only lasts several minutes before it fades away.

As I finally realized what it was I saw it as a gift. All of the pieces of the puzzle fit. Visitors always thought it was spooky.

I think I may have over explained

Last edited:
edward said:
I think I may have over explained

Quite the opposite - I love such stories.

As long as they are not explained using voodoo parapsychology.