Photo Contest - Obtuse Angle (11/16-11/22)

In summary, the photo contest "Obtuse Angle" has a theme of capturing images with angles between 90 and 180 degrees. The submission period is from November 16th to November 22nd and photos with nudity, violence, or offensive content will not be allowed. Participants are limited to one submission and impartial judges will evaluate the photos based on creativity, composition, and adherence to the theme.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Obtuse Angle

An obtuse angle is an angle that is greater than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees. Your photo must clearly show, as its main subject, something that has such an angle. Per our rules, this must not be a drawing, picture, sketch, etc.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Size limitations: Your photo is only limited to the file size limitation set by PhysicsForums. However, your may want to consider reducing the size of your photo if the file size exceeds 1 Mb. If your file is being hosted elsewhere, I will have to see how it is being displayed here, and I may ask you to resize and resubmit if it causes problems.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how. Alternatively, you may simply upload your image file to PF, and then have the full image displayed in your post.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawal by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Points of clarification: A pole stuck to the ground at an angle relative to the vertical forms a variety of angles with the horizontal plane, from acute to right to obtuse. Does that qualify? If we are to be constrained in 2D, something resembling the letter X has two obtuse and two acute angles. Does that qualify?

kuruman said:
Points of clarification: A pole stuck to the ground at an angle relative to the vertical forms a variety of angles with the horizontal plane, from acute to right to obtuse. Does that qualify? If we are to be constrained in 2D, something resembling the letter X has two obtuse and two acute angles. Does that qualify?

That does qualify, because one of the angles (the bigger angle between the leaning pole and the ground) is obtuse.

Zz.

obtuse_2---1.jpg

Likes berkeman, davenn and Bystander
marzena_obtuse_angle.JPG

Likes Infrared, berkeman and davenn
1573966125291.png

No ands ifs or buts about it

Likes Infrared and davenn
TARS Aerostat 2.jpg

• Love
Likes Infrared, davenn, berkeman and 4 others
What kind of camera?

morrobay said:
What kind of camera?

Panasonic DMC-TZ5

Tilting Towers.jpg

Likes davenn, JBA, berkeman and 2 others
DSCN3933.jpg

Zz.

Likes Infrared, JBA, davenn and 3 others
obtuse.jpg

Quite a lot of obtuse angles here, in fact in the structure itself nothing but. So, to echo what we are hearing a quite lot in my country at the moment, Vote for Me!
However I must be fair to my co-candidates. A lot of them are very acute. And others are quite right. :oldbiggrin:
DSCN0032.JPG

Likes BillTre and Dr. Courtney
Final day to submit your photo for this contest.

Zz.

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of this photo contest is "Obtuse Angle". This means that we are looking for photographs that showcase angles that are greater than 90 degrees.

2. Can I submit more than one photo?

Yes, you are allowed to submit multiple photos for this contest. However, please make sure that each photo is unique and follows the theme of the contest.

3. How will the winner be chosen?

The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges based on the creativity, composition, and adherence to the theme of the photo. The winner will be announced on the last day of the contest.

4. Do I need professional photography equipment to participate?

No, you do not need professional equipment to participate in this photo contest. You can use any type of camera, including a smartphone, as long as the photo meets the criteria of the contest.

5. What is the deadline for submission?

The deadline for submission is November 22nd at 11:59 PM EST. Any entries submitted after this time will not be considered for the contest.