PF Photo Contest - Old Technology (9/9-9/15)

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
Andy Resnick
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Unfortunately, per the contest rules, a picture of a picture of the subject is not acceptable. The photo must be of the subject itself.

Zz.

I guess I don't understand: the specific object in the picture is old and obsolete technology.

fresh_42
Mentor
Insights Author
2021 Award
I guess I don't understand: the specific object in the picture is old and obsolete technology.
Just in case someone has an obsolete Gutenberg bible at home, please sent it to me.##^*)##

##^*)## Well, I had to try. One never knows.

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author

Now it is me who doesn't understand.

Your photo shows a book. This is what I consider to be the subject of the photo. Is a book "old technology" now? I know we are in the electronic age, but I still read from a real book.

The sketches in the book shows old technology, but this then is a "photo of a photo", which was what I thought you were showing.

Did I interpreted this wrong?

Zz.

epenguin
Homework Helper
Gold Member
2e37l3a.jpg

Andy Resnick
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Now it is me who doesn't understand.

Your photo shows a book. This is what I consider to be the subject of the photo. Is a book "old technology" now? I know we are in the electronic age, but I still read from a real book.

The sketches in the book shows old technology, but this then is a "photo of a photo", which was what I thought you were showing.

Did I interpreted this wrong?

Zz.

I guess it doesn't matter- if the image is that confusing, then it's a fail.

OmCheeto
Gold Member
I guess it doesn't matter- if the image is that confusing, then it's a fail.
In any event, THANK YOU!, for mentioning it was on-line. I just downloaded it. Some of this stuff is hilarious. I like the child proof poison bottle on page 14. I can't stop laughing. I think I'll have to get a hard copy now.

Oh my god. "How to keep your pig from eating her babies". :oldsurprised:

There goes the rest of my night. :oldlaugh:

Likes Andy Resnick