Photo Contest - Sunrise/Sunset (9/22-9/28)

In summary, the conversation discusses the details of a photo contest with the theme of sunrise/sunset. Participants must follow the guidelines provided by the organizers to submit their entries, which may involve uploading photos to a website or sending them via email. The rules for submitting multiple entries and eligibility requirements vary and should be carefully read to avoid disqualification. The method of selecting the winner may also vary, and it is important to check the guidelines to see how the winner will be chosen.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Sunrise/Sunset

This is one of my most favorite topics, because we usually get a lot of amazing photos.

Your photo must clearly show a scene at sunrise or sunset.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how. Alternatively, you may simply upload your image file to PF, and then have the full image displayed in your post.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
gAk7XTiXnLM.jpg

Attachments

• gAk7XTiXnLM.jpg
    gAk7XTiXnLM.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Likes phinds, Wrichik Basu, edward and 5 others
sunset__.jpg

Attachments

• sunset__.jpg
    sunset__.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 374
Likes Navin, phinds, kuruman and 7 others
marzena_sunrise.jpg

Attachments

• marzena_sunrise.jpg
    marzena_sunrise.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 354
Likes Wrichik Basu, AlexCaledin, davenn and 4 others
Picture 073a.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 073a.jpg
    Picture 073a.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 365
Likes Navin, AlexCaledin, BillTre and 3 others
IMG_20180925_061902.jpg

130 N 1000 E

Attachments

• IMG_20180925_061902.jpg
    IMG_20180925_061902.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 350
Likes davenn, AlexCaledin and Borg
2dwdoxd.jpg

Attachments

• 2dwdoxd.jpg
    2dwdoxd.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 321
Likes Navin, phinds, berkeman and 6 others
P1020503.JPG

Attachments

• P1020503.JPG
    P1020503.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 346
Likes Rubidium_71, Borg, edward and 2 others
sunset.jpg

Attachments

• sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 305
Likes LLD1231, BillTre, AlexCaledin and 2 others
Final day to submit your photo for this contest.

Zz.

Not sure if I have previously submitted this one:

_DSC9300_zpsxtheysaa.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC9300_zpsxtheysaa.jpg
    _DSC9300_zpsxtheysaa.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 311
Likes Rubidium_71, Wrichik Basu, LLD1231 and 4 others
Sun rise behind Manhatten from an apartment I had many years ago in West New York, NJ --- photo is not retouched --- it was amazing.

manhattanl.jpg

Attachments

• manhattanl.jpg
    manhattanl.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 321
Likes Rubidium_71, AlexCaledin, Navin and 6 others

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is sunrise/sunset. This means that entries must capture the beauty of the sky during sunrise or sunset.

2. How do I submit my entry for the photo contest?

To submit your entry, you must follow the instructions provided by the contest organizers. This may involve uploading your photo to a website or sending it via email. Make sure to read and follow the guidelines carefully to ensure your entry is accepted.

3. Can I submit more than one photo for the contest?

This depends on the rules set by the contest organizers. Some contests may allow multiple entries, while others may only allow one entry per participant. Make sure to read the guidelines carefully to avoid disqualification.

4. Who can participate in the photo contest?

The eligibility requirements for the photo contest may vary. Some contests may be open to anyone, while others may have specific age, location, or skill level restrictions. Make sure to check the guidelines to see if you are eligible to participate.

5. How will the winner be selected for the photo contest?

The method of selecting the winner may vary depending on the contest. Some may be judged by a panel of experts, while others may involve public voting. Make sure to check the guidelines to see how the winner will be chosen.