Can the Infinity Stones inside the sun control gamma rays and create anomalies?

In summary: So you're on your own there!In summary, the author is writing a sci fi novel involving superheroes and their powers. He wants to explore physics ideas in the novel, and asks what quantum interpretation the author believes can be in line or compatible with the superheroes universe. The author provides an example of a debate over Ant Man and Thanos and argues that once you start to tie what we know - and even some of the speculation such as the multiverse - to a superhero drama, your narrative unravels. The author also warns against using powers that increase for no other reason than if the protagonist fails, noting that this is often considered cheating.
Tghu Verd said:
I'll probs see it eventually, but John Wick 3 is higher in my queue. I'm not invested in the Marvel Universe, seems a bit random to me, though I did enjoy Logan, that's a terrific movie.

Science fiction is fun to write when you know it's purely science fiction.

But when it's true story that you try to write as science fiction. You can be in trouble as you can become target of retribution.

Every planet in this galaxy has different histories or situations. Ours is not very good. And it's not good idea to focus on it unless you want to be martyr.

So it's safer to delve into fantasy only.

Speaking of which. I heard rumor that in the Marvel Endgame. The infinity stones after getting destroyed would be the source of the powers of the X-men. These are supposed to be introduced in the Endgame, but it didn't happen.

In the comics. Are there any stories where the infinity stones can activate people powers such as creating a permanent X-men (who can manifest abilities even without the stones presence)?

Physics news on Phys.org
cube137 said:
Science fiction is fun to write when you know it's purely science fiction.

But when it's true story that you try to write as science fiction. You can be in trouble as you can become target of retribution.

Well, it is called science fiction, so it's clearly in the name as not being true! Which makes your observation illogical, for me at least.

As for speculation on End Game, out of deference for those who haven't seen it because it's still in cinemas, I'll pass on any discussion so nothing is given away.

Likes russ_watters
Tghu Verd said:
Well, it is called science fiction, so it's clearly in the name as not being true! Which makes your observation illogical, for me at least.

As for speculation on End Game, out of deference for those who haven't seen it because it's still in cinemas, I'll pass on any discussion so nothing is given away.

Let's not talk about Avengers: EndGame then.

But the infinity stones were in most of the 22 marvel movies. So let's just about the infinity stones in *general*.

Who read Marvel comics? Were any of the stones used to transfer or activate powers in the neophytes?

On earth. We have this unique situation. The counterpart of the infinity stones are the so called Rods of Initiation. These are objects of powers much like the infinity stones. The following described how they were used in the neophytes (from the Initiation book):

"In the case of the first two initiations, two Masters stand, one on each side of the applicant, within the triangle; at the third, fourth and fifth initiations, the Mahachohan and the Bodhisattva perform the function of sponsor; at the sixth and seventh initiations two great Beings, Who must remain nameless, stand within the esoteric triangle. The work of the sponsors is to pass through Their bodies the force or electrical energy emanating from the Rod of Initiation. This force, through radiation, circles around the triangle and is supplemented by the force of the three guardians; it next passes through the centres of the sponsors, being transmitted by an act of will to the initiate.

Enough has been said elsewhere in this book anent the Lodge of Masters and Their relation to the applicant for Initiation, whilst the work of the initiate himself has been likewise touched upon. That work is not unknown to the children of men everywhere, but remains as yet an ideal and a far-off possibility. Yet when a man strives to reach that ideal, to make it a demonstrating fact within himself, he will find that it becomes not only a possibility, but something attainable, provided he strives sufficiently. The first initiation is within the reach of many, but the necessary one-pointedness and the firm belief in the reality ahead, coupled to a willingness to sacrifice all rather than turn back, are deterrents to the many. If this book serves no other purpose than to spur some one to renewed believing effort, it will not have been written in vain."

This was written in the 1940s even before Marvel started. So the ideas of infinity stones could come from this.

I know people who have the rod of initiatons applied to them. The big question is. Is it natural to use artificial object or object of power to bestow upon the neophyte or is it just to trap or enslave them? This is very important question and my only question before we discuss Avenger Endgame after the movie is no longer shown (to avoid spoilers!).

Last edited:
There are thousands and thousands of marvel comics available online via cheap subscription. I can't track all of them. Can someone familiar with the Infinity Stones share how exactly they came to be or where they were initially located and acquired?

The ideas of the Infinity Stones were probably taken from "occult" literature which are called Rods of Power. So it would be reasonable to trace the myth and cult behind the story of the Infinity stones and the metaphor behind the Avengers. This would make us at least track if there is even a more ancient source where both (Marvel and the occult sci-fi stuff) got the same idea.

In the occult sources. There many many Rods of Power like there are many Infinity Stones. A very powerful Rod of Power were brought into Earth from Sirius. If Sirius can't support physical life. Then it's clear we could be dealing with dark matter extraterrestrials (at least sci-fi ly speaking). Just like the Infinity Stones distributed across the galaxy. The Rod of Power is also distributed across the universe (see below). And just like the marvel story. The occult sources mentioned how only selected beings can handle them or it can bring destruction to the unqualified. But the Rods of Power is even more or equally powerfual than the Infinity stones. They can use lay waste to entire continents.

The following is passage from this occult literature written in the 1940s that inspired the marvel infinity stones (we must know this at least to understand the myth, origin, source, metaphor etc.) of the Marvel universe. Remember Marvel comic stories are already some kind of literature in our modern age. I won't quote something like this again. This is for perspective and to show the words Rod of Power is actually used (the counterpart of the Infinity stones):

"The Rod of Initiation, wielded by the Logos of the solar system, is called among other things, the "Sevenfold Flaming Fire." It was confided to our Logos by the Lord of Sirius and sent to our system from that radiant sun. One of its purposes is for use in emergencies. This great talisman has never yet been employed in this particular manner, though twice it was nearly thus used,—once in Atlantean days, and once in the third year of the late war. This Rod of Power is used at the initiation of the seven Heavenly Men on cosmic levels. It is used also in the initiation of groups, a thing almost incomprehensible to us. It is applied to the centres of the seven Heavenly Men in the same general way as the lesser Rods are applied to the human centres, and the effects are the same, only on a vaster scale. This, needless to say, is a vast and abstruse subject, and concerns not the sons of men. It is but touched upon, as an enumeration of the Rods of Initiation would be incomplete without some reference to it, and it serves to show the wondrous synthesis of the whole, and the place of the system within an even greater scheme. In all things cosmic, perfect law and order are found, and the ramifications of the plan can be seen on all planes and all subplanes. This greatest Rod is in the care of the first great group of sirian Lords. It might be described as the Rod which carries a voltage of pure fohatic force from cosmic levels. The two lesser Rods carry differentiated fohatic force. This logoic Rod of Power is kept within the Sun, and is only re-charged at the beginning of every one hundred years of Brahma.

The reason why the Rods of Power are here discussed is that they have definitely to do with the centres which are force vortices in matter and which (though channels for spiritual force, or centres wherein the 'will to be' finds expression) demonstrate as activity in matter. They are the centres of existence, and just as one cannot, in manifestation, dissociate the two poles of Spirit and matter, so one cannot, in initiation apply the Rod without bringing about definite effects between the two. The Rods are charged with Fohat which is fire of matter plus electric fire, hence their effect. The mystery cannot be explained in greater detail as the secrets of initiation are not transmissible. More has been here imparted on this matter than hitherto, though there are those who have heard these things."

What do you think is more powerful? The occult Rods of Power or the marvel Infinity stones? We don't know what would happen if all Rods of Power were combined.

What would happen if the infinity stones would be put inside the sun? Can they survive?

What if the infinity stones or Rods of Power were made instead of dark matter? Can they feel the heat of the sun?

No isn't it? So any dark matter object can be put within the sun?

Look at this quanta headline https://www.quantamagazine.org/gamma-ray-data-reveal-surprises-about-the-sun-20190501/

"The sun radiates far more high-frequency light than expected, raising questions about unknown features of the sun’s magnetic field and the possibility of even more exotic physics."

"A decade’s worth of telescope observations of the sun have revealed a startling mystery: Gamma rays, the highest frequency waves of light, radiate from our nearest star seven times more abundantly than expected. Stranger still, despite this extreme excess of gamma rays overall, a narrow bandwidth of frequencies is curiously absent."

"But there are no good guesses about how the sun’s magnetic field might create the dip in the gamma-ray spectrum at 10 trillion trillion hertz. It’s such an unusual feature that some experts doubt that it’s real. But if the absence of gamma rays around that frequency is a miscalculation or a problem with Fermi’s instruments, no one has figured out the cause. “It does not seem to be any instrumental effect,” said Elena Orlando, an astrophysicist at Stanford and a member of the Fermi team."

"Perhaps the strong glow of gamma rays reflects a source other than doomed cosmic rays. But physicists have struggled to imagine what. They’ve long suspected that the sun’s core might harbor dark matter — and that the dark matter particles, after being drawn in and trapped by gravity, might be dense enough there to annihilate each other. But how could gamma rays produced by annihilating dark matter in the core avoid scattering before escaping the sun?"

Sci-fi folks. What if the infinity stones or Rods of Power inside the sun can reflect the gamma rays? These Talisman may be small but when inside the sun, they are much amplifed.

Remember the scene in Thor part 1 when Natalie Portman and the nude scientist were studying anomalies in the atmosphere caused by the Asgard tech? I can imagine a similar scene when scientists wheere tracking anomaly in the sun caused by the infinity stones or Rods of Power.

Do you like to watch future movies where the above would be part of the scene or story? I'd love to. Don't you? I'd re watch Thor 1 tonight to savor the scenes along the line or ideas of the above.