Pictures of your lab (experimentalists & theoreticians)

In summary, the theorist's lab has high power lasers, optical tables, and all the equipment needed to run experiments. They also have pictures of their powerful computers.
ZapperZ said:
OK, so now it's my turn. Identify the copper thingy with the tubes sticking out of it. :)

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/1645/img5985ac0.jpg [Broken]

Zz.

There looks to be a massive flex coupeling, does something inside, spin?

And for water cooling, I can guess green in, and red out, what requires such massive flanges and bolt patterns??

And not related, I switched to Mozilla Firefox, and the spell check function went away, how can I get back?

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
ZapperZ said:
It is an accelerating structure consisting of a series of iris-loaded copper cavities that are powered by a 1.3 GHz rf in a TM01 mode.

HA! RF Cavity by the sounds of it! I win! I hope you all mind the bragging because there's a lot more of it!

RonL said:
And not related, I switched to Mozilla Firefox, and the spell check function went away, how can I get back?
Ron

"Tools" > "Options" > "Advanced" Tab at the top right > "General" Tab below > Under "Browsing" click the check box titled "Check my spelling as I type".
Congratulations on the firefox change over...was a wise decision :)

n0_3sc said:
"Tools" > "Options" > "Advanced" Tab at the top right > "General" Tab below > Under "Browsing" click the check box titled "Check my spelling as I type".
Congratulations on the firefox change over...was a wise decision :)

We need a lot more pics of theoretical desks :)

this is me

dracula.jpg

and this is my LABORATORY! muohaha.

ksc4b.jpg

don't disturb. no eating or garlic. no silver jewelry

Haha, you reminded me of a joke about physics...

So world ended and all physicists went to heaven (obviously, it could be otherway?..didnt think so :) )
so they didnt know what to do...so decided to play hide and seek.

So Einstein started counting and Newton instead of running to hide was just standing there behind him.
Einstein stops counting "Newton, your out!"...
Newton: "But I am not Newton, I am Newton standing in 1 square meter, so I am Newton/meter^2;
Thus I am Pascal! "

Lol ! (well you sort of joke for physicists xD, not to be elitist ...MUHAHHAH :) )

I was looking for some specimens in the anatomy lab the other day, and realized we sure do have a lot of skeletons in the closet. (Sorry, the above two posts inspired this groaner too.)

All the interesting places I work, I can't photograph to post here.

Your avatar >>> all statistically possible pics of your work places ... :)

My lab at home, I did the carpentry work myself.

Attachments

• DrTransport1.jpg
    DrTransport1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 436
  • DrTransport2.jpg
    DrTransport2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 454
George Jones said:
I am theoretician; here are my books.
I recognize Cohen-Tannoudji, Diu and Laloë, QM I & II. On the right shelf, top far left is an old McGraw-Hill book with tan cover and green label. I have several of those in the International Series in Pure and Applied Physics that were new in the 1970's.

http://imgwe.com/accessbee/27/1.png [Broken]Today[/URL] we use it as laser lights that you can buy from the 99 cent store.

Last edited by a moderator:
<H2>1. What equipment do you use in your lab?</H2><p>In my lab, we use a variety of equipment depending on the experiment. Some common equipment includes microscopes, centrifuges, spectrophotometers, and various types of glassware.</p><H2>2. What type of research do you conduct in your lab?</H2><p>As a scientist, my research focuses on understanding various phenomena in the natural world. This can range from studying the properties of different materials to investigating biological processes.</p><H2>3. How do you ensure the safety of your lab?</H2><p>Safety is a top priority in our lab. We have strict protocols in place for handling hazardous materials and all researchers are trained on proper safety procedures. Additionally, we regularly conduct safety inspections and maintain proper safety equipment.</p><H2>4. What is the role of experimentalists and theoreticians in your lab?</H2><p>Experimentalists are responsible for conducting experiments and collecting data, while theoreticians use mathematical and computational models to analyze and interpret the data. Both roles are crucial in our lab as they work together to advance our understanding of various phenomena.</p><H2>5. Can you show us an example of a recent experiment or project conducted in your lab?</H2><p>Unfortunately, due to confidentiality agreements and ongoing research, I am unable to share specific details or images of ongoing projects. However, I can say that our lab is currently working on a project investigating the effects of different environmental factors on plant growth and development.</p>

1. What equipment do you use in your lab?

In my lab, we use a variety of equipment depending on the experiment. Some common equipment includes microscopes, centrifuges, spectrophotometers, and various types of glassware.

2. What type of research do you conduct in your lab?

As a scientist, my research focuses on understanding various phenomena in the natural world. This can range from studying the properties of different materials to investigating biological processes.

3. How do you ensure the safety of your lab?

Safety is a top priority in our lab. We have strict protocols in place for handling hazardous materials and all researchers are trained on proper safety procedures. Additionally, we regularly conduct safety inspections and maintain proper safety equipment.

4. What is the role of experimentalists and theoreticians in your lab?

Experimentalists are responsible for conducting experiments and collecting data, while theoreticians use mathematical and computational models to analyze and interpret the data. Both roles are crucial in our lab as they work together to advance our understanding of various phenomena.

5. Can you show us an example of a recent experiment or project conducted in your lab?

Unfortunately, due to confidentiality agreements and ongoing research, I am unable to share specific details or images of ongoing projects. However, I can say that our lab is currently working on a project investigating the effects of different environmental factors on plant growth and development.