1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Planning Manager job offer

1. May 21, 2012 #1
    Yesterday I had a job offer as a "planning manager" from a company that is located pretty far away from where I am living. The job's main task is to keep the warehouse of IT related materials which are mainly about industrial ICs and to prepare as well as to make deal with worldwide customers; it's a huge electronics company with more than 7000 employees. My mother advised me to decline because it is too far. And I think I am not confident enough to pass the coming interview. What is your advice ? I love to hear all, the decision is mine though, right ? :smile: Any ideas or thoughts are fully welcome. Thank you a lot.

2. jcsd
  3. May 21, 2012 #2

fss

I am confused: did you get an offer for the job or not? If not, how can you decline it? If so, why do you care about an interview when presumably that's all out of the way?

4. May 21, 2012 #3
    Oh, that is my English mistake, I'm sorry for having confused you and readers. It should have been a "job interview", is not yet a "job offer". My current situation is like, I have got to pay a transport fee to fly from East to West Coast for an interview by an Italian company, which my chance to pass the test is up in the air.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  5. May 21, 2012 #4

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'd go check it out if I were you. At the very least, you get experience doing interviews.

And yes, it is your decision in the end!

Edit: I should add, go if it isn't a financial burden. I hadn't noticed that you're paying for it.

6. May 21, 2012 #5
    Okay, thank you. I will go there for it.

7. May 22, 2012 #6
    Take *every* interview you are offered.

*After* you get the job, decide if you really want it or not.

EDIT: Read first, then comment... if they want you to come to an interview on the opposite coast, they should really be paying for it, not you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook