I am aware that the human body has electrical properties, But was baffled by what I witnessed Christmas Eve. I had a malfunctioning electric candle in the window. I picked it up to check the tightness of the bulb, and it immediately came on. I set it down and it went off. Three times this happened before I discovered that I did not even need to touch it, but merely move my hand close and it would light up. My question is how can so simple a device as a light bulb react this way, and why does this not happen all the time?