Please help me get 2% by helping me solve this question (Very Important)

• Thread starter Mafiaboy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Important
In summary, the function is defined for integers n such that
Mafiaboy
This is an advance function question that our teacher gave us as a bonus question. Right now my percentage is around 79 and if i get this question right i can get at least 83 in my final mark. So it will be very very very appreciated if someone can help me solve this question ASAP, i only have 2 days left to hand it in. Here is the exact format of the question:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q: We define a function first:

[X]up = the smallest integer
bigger than X.

[[ so, for example, [-2]up = -1

[-1.4]up = -1 , [-1]up = 0

[0.4]up=1 , [17]up =18

etc. ]]

Here is a relation:

n[X]up = [nX]up

Find the domain of this relation for n and the domain for X. You must Prove your answer

((Just to give another question, as an example, if the relation were:
X2+n2 =4, the domain for X is -2 < X < 2
the domain for n is -2 < n < 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Physics news on Phys.org
I find it difficult to believe that your teacher said, "This is a bonus question. Go find someone to tell you the answer and I will give you an additional 4 points."

Wouldn't it be better (and more honest) to at least try to do the problem yourself?

Interesting problem. Is n an integer?

c'mmon help me out people, i have to hand it in tomorrow!

HallsofIvy said:
I find it difficult to believe that your teacher said, "This is a bonus question. Go find someone to tell you the answer and I will give you an additional 4 points."

Wouldn't it be better (and more honest) to at least try to do the problem yourself?

if you can't solve don't bother commenting please.

It's a general policy in this forum that we don't do your work for you. If you want help, you have to show that you have made an effort on your own.

Mark44 said:
It's a general policy in this forum that we don't do your work for you. If you want help, you have to show that you have made an effort on your own.
i said help me solve the question not asking for you to solve. I just need guidance on where to to start and so on and making the question bit clearer.

OK, here's a start. The relation is n[X]up = [nX]up.

Put some numbers in for n and see what you can conclude from each one as far as the values for x. Describe in words the values of x that can be used on each side separately.

1. 2[x]up = [2x]up
2. -3[x]up = [-3x]up
3. .5[x]up = [.5x]up

Mark44 said:
OK, here's a start. The relation is n[X]up = [nX]up.

Put some numbers in for n and see what you can conclude from each one as far as the values for x. Describe in words the values of x that can be used on each side separately.

1. 2[x]up = [2x]up
2. -3[x]up = [-3x]up
3. .5[x]up = [.5x]up

ok thanks i guess, though it wasn't that helpful. Anyway let's see what i can come up with.

Related to Please help me get 2% by helping me solve this question (Very Important)

1. How can I solve this question and get 2%?

In order to solve this question, you will need to carefully read and understand the instructions provided. Then, use your knowledge and skills in the relevant subject area to try and solve the question. If you are still having trouble, you can reach out to your teacher or classmates for assistance.

2. Why is it important to get 2% on this question?

Getting 2% on this question may not seem like a significant amount, but every point counts towards your overall grade. Additionally, it shows that you have a good understanding of the material and can apply it effectively.

3. How long should I spend on this question?

The amount of time you spend on this question will depend on your level of understanding and the complexity of the question. It is important to avoid spending too much time on one question and to move on if you are stuck. You can always come back to it later.

4. Can you give me some tips for solving this question?

There are a few strategies that may help you in solving this question. First, make sure you have a good understanding of the relevant concepts. Then, carefully read the question and identify what information is given and what is being asked. You can also try breaking the question down into smaller parts and solving them one at a time.

5. What should I do if I still can't solve the question?

If you are still struggling to solve the question, don't panic. Take a step back and review the instructions and any relevant notes or materials. You can also try discussing the question with a classmate or teacher. Remember, it's okay to ask for help and it doesn't mean you are not capable or intelligent.