Which top universities should I consider with a 3.8 GPA and SAT score of 1990?

• Schools
  • Thread starter apples
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Universities
In summary, the conversation includes discussing potential universities for engineering, including Harvey Mudd, Carnegie Mellon University, Northwestern University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Georgia Tech, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Penn State University, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Purdue, and Stevens Institute of Technology. The individual has a class rank of #1, an SAT score of 1990, a GPA of 3.77-3.8/4.0, and has taken the Math Level 1 and Biology-M SAT 2 exams. They are a male, U.S. citizen who was born in California but currently lives abroad. They mention that their high school has a small class size
apples
Reach

· Harvey Mudd
· Carnegie Mellon University
· Northwestern University

Match

· Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
· Georgia Tech
· Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
· Penn State University
· University of Wisconsin, Madison

Safety

· Worcester Polytechnic Institute
· Purdue
· Stevens Institute of Tecnology

I plan to do something in engineering
Class Rank #1
SAT 1990
GPA ~ 3.77-3.8/4.0
SAT 2 Gave the Math Level 1 and Biology-M this December. Also gave Math Level 2, but it didn't go well.
Male
CR 680
Math 660
Writing 650

U.S. Citizen (born in CA), living abroad. So not a resident of any state.
Rank is highest gpa in the whole high school like 90 kids only. do i have to tell that to the university that they're only 100 kids in the whole high school. as i said before i shifted from usa (born in CA), and not a lot of ppl do high school. they do some other british system gce o levels and stuff like th

Physics news on Phys.org
well, all i can say about this is that u do not look bad at all. So why don't u try to apply at all of them and see what happens. Applying to as many universities as possible increases your chances to get scholarships to some of them. This is my advice.

Based on your academic profile and interest in engineering, I would recommend considering the following universities as potential reach, match, and safety options:

Reach:
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
2. California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
3. Stanford University
4. University of California, Berkeley
5. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor

Match:
1. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2. University of Texas at Austin
3. Purdue University
4. University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
5. University of California, San Diego

Safety:
1. University of Wisconsin, Madison
2. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
3. University of Maryland, College Park
4. University of Arizona
5. University of Colorado, Boulder

It is important to research each university's specific requirements and admissions processes to determine the best fit for you. It is also helpful to reach out to admissions counselors and current students at these universities to learn more about their programs and opportunities for engineering students. Good luck with your college search!

1. What are the top-ranked universities for "me Select Universities"?

The top-ranked universities for "me Select Universities" may vary depending on individual rankings and criteria. However, some of the frequently top-ranked universities include Stanford University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), University of Oxford, and University of Cambridge.

2. What programs and majors do the "me Select Universities" offer?

The "me Select Universities" offer a wide range of programs and majors across various fields, including but not limited to business, engineering, medicine, law, and liberal arts. Some universities may have a particular strength or focus in certain areas, so it's important to research and compare the offerings of each university.

3. How competitive is it to get into the "me Select Universities"?

The "me Select Universities" are highly competitive, with a low acceptance rate and a large pool of qualified applicants. Each university has its own set of criteria for admissions, which may include academic performance, test scores, extracurricular activities, and personal essays.

4. What are the tuition and fees for attending the "me Select Universities"?

The tuition and fees for attending the "me Select Universities" can vary significantly, depending on the university, program, and financial aid opportunities. It's important to research and compare the costs of each university and consider factors such as scholarships, grants, and living expenses.

5. What is the student life like at the "me Select Universities"?

The student life at the "me Select Universities" is diverse and dynamic, with a vibrant community of students from various backgrounds and cultures. Each university offers a range of extracurricular activities, clubs, and organizations for students to get involved in and make connections. It's also important to consider the location and surrounding area of each university and how it may impact the overall student experience.