1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please provide me top universities for MS in USA?

1. Dec 23, 2014 #1
    Hello friends ,
    I pass out in year 2013 as an Electrical Engineer. Now I want to continue my ms from USA. Please suggest me best Universities for MS Programs in USA so that I can apply for it.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 23, 2014 #2
  4. Jan 5, 2015 #3
    Here are the list of top Universities in USA:

1.Princeton University

2.Harvard University

3.Yale University

4.Columbia University

5.Stanford University

6.University of Chicago

7.Massachusetts Institute of Technology

8.Duke University

9.University of Pennsylvania

10.California Institute of Technology

5. Jan 5, 2015 #4
    I looked myself at the opportunities to do an MSc in a UK/Canada/US top 20 school. Problem is, for most an MSc is what you get when you leave the PhD track prematurely.
    I myself am in an 3 yr BSc 2 yr MSc place and I was looking at doing my MSc in a top school and then return for the PhD to my home country. Well, problem is that it doesn't usually work out as for pure science at top schools BSc -> PhD. and doing a normal PhD after a top school MSc is also said to be a waste.

6. Jan 5, 2015 #5
    I will add that MIT does not have a masters program in EE--only Ph.D.

7. Jan 5, 2015 #6
    A place with a good masters program that is a bit more realistic to a above average student from out of country would be Cal Poly SLO's masters program for electrical engineering. I know the head of the department, it is a good program and it focuses a bit of fiber optics.

8. Jan 5, 2015 #7

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Not all of which even offer a EE degree at all, and not all of which offer a terminal MSEE. Which is why the obsession with rankings that one sees from certain parts of the world is just silly.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook