Possible webpage title: Projectile Launch and Landing: Key Questions to Consider

  • Thread starter Thread starter phee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Launch Point
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
phee
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
The Statement is:

A projectile is launched so that its point of launch is lower than its point of landing.

I have 5 questions based off this statement, I know these questions may seem easy but I just wanted to make sure I had them right before handing my assignment in. I have a tendency to hesitate and overthink.

When is the vertical velocity at a maximum?

When is the horizontal velocity at a maximum?

When is the vertical velocity at a minimum?

What is the acceleration of the object at the very top of its path?

Which will take longer: the upward motion or the downward motion?


Any feedback would be much appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
phee said:
The Statement is:

A projectile is launched so that its point of launch is lower than its point of landing.

I have 5 questions based off this statement, I know these questions may seem easy but I just wanted to make sure I had them right before handing my assignment in. I have a tendency to hesitate and overthink.

When is the vertical velocity at a maximum?

When is the horizontal velocity at a maximum?

When is the vertical velocity at a minimum?

What is the acceleration of the object at the very top of its path?

Which will take longer: the upward motion or the downward motion?Any feedback would be much appreciated.

We can't tell you if you are right until you tell us what your answers are.
 
Last edited: