Post your recipes, cuisines, dishes and dining experiences

  • Thread starter Thread starter arunbg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Evo Food Thread
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5,074 replies · 819K views
nismaratwork said:
and I still want to know who wants chicken from a guy in a viking hat wearing clocks.

:smile:

I didn't know he's 51.
51 and still wearing clocks...i don't know what else to say

OTOH I had some really delicious beef stew today:biggrin: This thread is making me puffy! *pokes sidefats*
 
Physics news on Phys.org
OMG, super spicy hot red beef curry, it's the new chili. It's a la Evo, of course, no nasty stuff like cloves or star anise or coconut milk. This is Texas Curry!
 
Evo said:
OMG, super spicy hot red beef curry, it's the new chili. It's a la Evo, of course, no nasty stuff like cloves or star anise or coconut milk. This is Texas Curry!

Um, the star anise and coconut milk help to mitigate the heat... I'd put something into replace them, cut down on the chilies, or if you like to eat fire, then what the hell!

edit: Actually... the cloves have an anesthetic effect too. You're cutting out ALL of the things that balance the fire. Those dried Thai chilies can really get you in the back the throat in my experience...
 
nismaratwork said:
Um, the star anise and coconut milk help to mitigate the heat... I'd put something into replace them, cut down on the chilies, or if you like to eat fire, then what the hell!
It had potatoes and rice.

It's delicious.
 
Evo said:
It had potatoes and rice.

It's delicious.

Sounds good, but you must love your spice.
 
nismaratwork said:
Sounds good, but you must love your spice.
My lips have that bee sting look.
 
Evo said:
My lips have that bee sting look.

Mmmm... Angelina... :!)
 
How about a shepherd's pie for dinner? Now that's comfort food.
 
Recently I had my first experience with Potbelly's dream bar. If you love sweets, this is the greatest thing you will ever eat! It is chewy, chocolatey, crispy, and delicious! I highly suggest that even those who do consider themselves a sweets lover to try it! Or, of course their oatmeal chocolate chip cookie is always delicious!
 
Evo said:
How about a shepherd's pie for dinner? Now that's comfort food.

Oh hell yes!


barcelona5: Never heard of them... I have to give it a try. Thanks for the tip!
 
Evo said:
How about a shepherd's pie for dinner? Now that's comfort food.

OK, but please not with lamb...I'm not a lamb fan.
 
Evo said:
OMG, super spicy hot red beef curry, it's the new chili. It's a la Evo, of course, no nasty stuff like cloves or star anise or coconut milk. This is Texas Curry!


:!)
 
This kind of made me feel ill.

[PLAIN]http://consumerist.com/digiornopizzaandcookies.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin_Axion said:
Do you use reddit lisab? I saw that on there yesterday.

No, my daughter posted it on her facebook page. Guess it's gone viral...not sure if the manufacturer would really mind, though!
 
lisab said:
OK, but please not with lamb...I'm not a lamb fan.
No, I use ground beef, and someone said, well, that's not shepherd's pie. OH YEAH?? My shepherd's have cows.
 
Evo said:
No, I use ground beef, and someone said, well, that's not shepherd's pie. OH YEAH?? My shepherd's have cows.

:smile: Yay!
 
lisab said:
this kind of made me feel ill.

[PLAIN]http://consumerist.com/digiornopizzaandcookies.jpg[/quote]omg, no!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
lisab said:
No, my daughter posted it on her facebook page. Guess it's gone viral...not sure if the manufacturer would really mind, though!

I wonder if it was intentional or they are just that weird...
 
rootX said:
I wonder if it was intentional or they are just that weird...

Thank god, I did too. I wouldn't put it past someone in marketing to stop the laughter in the boardroom with a, "What if, this is what they REALLY want? Sweetened dough set with chocolate chips, and you finish baking them yourself... and we'll put white chocolate cheese and red licorice discs of pepperoni on it!"

The man (or woman?) at the head of the table barks back, "What kind of idiot proposes that? Who will eat a PIZZA-Cookie?!"

...and that marketing genius, without missing a beat looks his boss straight in the eyes and says, "We can always count on drunks and stoners!"

The boss pauses, his outrage derailed. "Make it happen."

:-p

Edit: If you're not laughing, maybe it IS realistic, or I'm not funny. If you ARE laughing, I have a one "word" response: 'Tropolis'.
 
nismaratwork said:
Who will eat a PIZZA-Cookie?!"

me. I am sO hungry -_-
 
Evo said:
No, I use ground beef, and someone said, well, that's not shepherd's pie. OH YEAH?? My shepherd's have cows.
:smile:
I <3 shepherd's pie with ground beef.
 
HeLiXe said:
me. I am sO hungry -_-

OK, You're worrying me! I think I'd go for eating my shoes before I ate a pepperoni cookie.

Unless... if this was during the Holi fesitval... yeah I could see eating that. :biggrin:
 
Evo said:
No, I use ground beef, and someone said, well, that's not shepherd's pie. OH YEAH?? My shepherd's have cows.

No, no, no ... it's the shepherds that go in the pie. That's why it's called "shepherds pie" <face-palm>.
 
AlephZero said:
No, no, no ... it's the shepherds that go in the pie. That's why it's called "shepherds pie" <face-palm>.
And then, the sheep get to eat them!
 
AlephZero said:
No, no, no ... it's the shepherds that go in the pie. That's why it's called "shepherds pie" <face-palm>.

turbo-1 said:
And then, the sheep get to eat them!

This makes me scared of the homemade chicken pot-pie I finished off last night (YUM!). Was it made of pots? I guess that would have been alright... if the chickens ate it and not me!
 
physics girl phd said:
This makes me scared of the homemade chicken pot-pie I finished off last night (YUM!). Was it made of pots? I guess that would have been alright... if the chickens ate it and not me!

OK, I can help!


When you first stuck your fork in the pie... did it meow?


:devil:
 
Mmm! Just polished off the last of the huge vegetable sub from the artisan butcher-shop/deli. My wife took in two bags of garlic yesterday (equal amounts of German and Russian garlic) and told the proprietor that she could have them for $5/lb. She grabbed the bags, weighed them and paid up, then started showing the garlic to other customers in the store and drumming up interest. Her husband came out of the back and told my wife that the sample garlic she dropped off a few weeks ago was almost gone and that it is "the best garlic ever". Maybe I should have planted more...

Anyway, my wife bought some sliced sharp cheese, a ham, and one of their huge vegetable subs. After returning the cash from the garlic, she had to kick in another 18 cents. We both ate that sub for supper last night, and there was enough left over for me to have a nice lunch today. Tracy knows that we prefer hotter peppers, so she kept out the banana peppers and loaded the sub with crispy jalapeno slices instead. She's not a bit shy with the marinated mushrooms and ripe olives either. Great sandwiches!