I have been trying for years to make really good bread. The kind that you can only get from certain bakeries. With a thick hard crust and soft chewy center. Not the crap you get at the supermarket. The last time I found a bakery that made that kind of bread it was from the Bronx Bakery in NY. There is one or two in Paris that ship but I don't want to pay 60 dollars for a loaf of bread, even if it's to die for which it is from all reports.
It just so happens I found a recipe online a couple weeks ago and it is the answer to my dreams. Not only does it make the most incredible loaf I have ever had, it is also the easiest thing to make in the world. It can be made in 5 minutes and doesn't require kneading. It sounds too good to be true but it is. The first time I made it, it came out EXACTLY like in the article. I use nothing but All-Clad cookware, you can put it in the oven at any temp. I used a saucepan and I thought that it was going to stick because I followed the recipe with nothing in the pan to prevent sticking and there is no oil or fat in the bread. It always pops right out. Incredible.
http://steamykitchen.com/blog/2007/09/10/no-knead-bread-revisited
If you like GOOD bread, you will love this.
One of my cooking rules is ALWAYS follow the recipe the first time, then experiment. Don't expect it to come out the same if you use all-purpose flour instead of bread flour either.