Assessing Post Quality: Am I Doing a Good Job?

In summary, there is no way to determine the quality of your posting on this forum and it is best to not take any comments too seriously as they may be sarcastic. Some may even suggest starting a "Physics Idol" competition. Overall, it seems that sarcasm and nonsense are prevalent in this thread.
Drakkith
Mentor
Is there any way I could find out the "quality" of my posting in general? I just want to know if I am doing a decent job overall of explaining things to people, or completely screwing up lol. I'm assuming there isn't, but I just thought I'd ask.

Physics news on Phys.org
You're doing a terrible job, just stop posting now and leave never to return. We could do with less of people like you around here! :rolleyes:

Drakkith, you know how the PF crowd is :biggrin: if you were doing a terrible job others would have pointed out errors by now :)

Hmm. Maybe we could start a Physics Idol competition.

Drakkith said:
Is there any way I could find out the "quality" of my posting in general? I just want to know if I am doing a decent job overall of explaining things to people, or completely screwing up lol. I'm assuming there isn't, but I just thought I'd ask.

You completely screwed up lol? Oh noes!

Drakkith said:
If you were screwing up, you'd know.

Evo said:
If you were screwing up, you'd know.

Lol. Thanks all.

JaredJames said:
You're doing a terrible job, just stop posting now and leave never to return. We could do with less of people like you around here! :rolleyes:
Don't listen to him Drakkith!

FtlIsAwesome said:
Don't listen to him Drakkith!

It's rare anyone does.

That aside, I do hope everyone understood that was sarcasm?

JaredJames said:
It's rare anyone does.

That aside, I do hope everyone understood that was sarcasm?

Hrmmm...I thought it was cheesy queso...mmm...tacomania...

JaredJames said:
I do hope everyone understood that was sarcasm?
Yes I did.

Drakkith said:
Hrmmm...I thought it was cheesy queso...mmm...tacomania...

Touche (you can imagine the 'e' thing).
FtlIsAwesome said:
Yes I did.

Two people did, that's good enough for me.

What are you trying to say? I can't make any sense of this thread at all.

KingNothing said:
What are you trying to say? I can't make any sense of this thread at all.

* slowly waves hand * this is not the thread you're looking for...

There we go, no need to understand it now!

JaredJames said:
* slowly waves hand * this is not the thread you're looking for...

There we go, no need to understand it now!

You do realize I was being sarcastic, right?

KingNothing said:
You do realize I was being sarcastic, right?

Was I not?

Best clear the problem now, I declare everyone in this thread to be speaking with a tone of sarcasm.

JaredJames said:
Was I not?

Best clear the problem now, I declare everyone in this thread to be speaking with a tone of sarcasm.

BLASPHEMY! You must be sacrificed to the gods of nonsense and blabbering!

Off with his spleen!

Drakkith said:
BLASPHEMY! You must be sacrificed to the gods of nonsense and blabbering!

Off with his spleen!

I see why you're upset and I understand.

If everyone here is being sarcastic, that makes me the only good review you got... :wink:

JaredJames said:
I declare everyone in this thread to be speaking with a tone of sarcasm.
I will not be sarcastic.

FtlIsAwesome said:
I will not be sarcastic.

Too late!

Drakkith said:
Too late!
You do realize that my statement about not being sarcastic was itself sarcastic?

FtlIsAwesome said:
You do realize that my statement about not being sarcastic was itself sarcastic?

That's the joke!

Related to Assessing Post Quality: Am I Doing a Good Job?

1. How do I know if I am doing a good job assessing post quality?

There are several ways to determine if you are doing a good job assessing post quality. One way is to ask for feedback from your peers or superiors. Another way is to track the success of the posts you have assessed, such as the number of views, likes, and shares they receive. Additionally, you can compare your assessments to those of other experts in the field.

2. What factors should I consider when assessing post quality?

When assessing post quality, there are several factors to consider. These include the accuracy and reliability of the information presented, the relevance to the target audience, the readability and organization of the content, and the use of proper grammar and spelling. It is also important to consider the overall tone and message of the post.

3. How can I improve my post quality assessments?

To improve your post quality assessments, it is important to stay up-to-date on current trends and best practices in content creation. You can also seek training or mentorship from experienced professionals in your field. Additionally, regularly seeking feedback and reflecting on your assessments can help you identify areas for improvement.

4. Is it important to have a standardized method for assessing post quality?

Having a standardized method for assessing post quality can be beneficial for consistency and accuracy. However, it is also important to be flexible and adapt your approach to different types of content and target audiences. Ultimately, the most important factor is to ensure that your assessments are thorough and fair.

5. How can I communicate my post quality assessments effectively?

Effective communication of post quality assessments involves providing clear and constructive feedback to the author or team responsible for the post. This can include highlighting areas of strength and areas for improvement, and offering specific suggestions for how to improve the post. It is also important to be open to and address any questions or concerns the author may have about your assessment.