Potentially an easy Calculus proble

• Thread starter chaotixmonjuish
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculus
In summary, the conversation involved finding the line in parametric equations from a given point to the center of a sphere, using the equation (x-2)^2+(y-5)^2+(z-5)^2=56 and the vector <1,2,3>. The correct process was to use r(t)=<1,2,3>+t<2,5,5>, but the last line was copied incorrectly.
chaotixmonjuish
1.) A point (1,2,3) and the equation (x-2)^2+(y-5)^2+(z-5)^2=56, find the line (in parametric equations) from that point to the center of the sphere.

2.) Here is everything I have done

I first made a vector from 1,2,3 to 2,5,5.

<1,3,2>

and then a parametric equation

r(t)=<1,2,3>+t<2,5,5>

was this the right process

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi chaotixmonjuish! :smile:
chaotixmonjuish said:
r(t)=<1,2,3>+t<2,5,5>

was this the right process

he he :smile:

that's exactly the right process :approve:

but :rolleyes: … you copied wrong on the last line! :wink:

In other words, you have t multiplying the wrong vector.

Ah yes, sorry about not responding right away. I got what he meant.

Related to Potentially an easy Calculus proble

1. What is Calculus?

Calculus is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of continuous change and motion. It is divided into two main branches: differential calculus, which studies rates of change and slopes of curves, and integral calculus, which studies the accumulation of quantities and the area under curves.

2. What is an easy Calculus problem?

An easy Calculus problem typically involves basic concepts such as derivatives, integrals, and limits. These problems often have straightforward solutions that can be found using simple algebraic and trigonometric manipulations.

3. What makes a Calculus problem easy or difficult?

The level of difficulty of a Calculus problem depends on a few factors, such as the complexity of the given functions, the types of techniques and formulas required to solve it, and the level of understanding of the person attempting to solve it.

4. How can I improve my Calculus problem-solving skills?

The best way to improve your Calculus problem-solving skills is through practice. Start with simpler problems and gradually work your way up to more challenging ones. It's also helpful to review basic concepts and techniques regularly and seek help from a tutor or teacher when needed.

5. Is Calculus useful in real life?

Yes, Calculus has a wide range of applications in real life, such as in physics, engineering, economics, and even in everyday activities such as driving, cooking, and managing finances. It helps us understand and model various real-world phenomena and make predictions and decisions based on these models.