Power Push-Pull Amp ( class AB )

In summary: Integrated circuits are much more reliable and have more features than discrete transistors.Hi, well in summary, you should add 1 ohm emitter resistor to the Push-Pull stage. And use R1 resistor to set 0V at the output without input signal.
ENG.Kholoud
Hi :shy:

I'm a new member here

for a long time I'm looking for a help in my project Power Push-Pull Amp ( class AB ) :cry:

Can anyone help me with circuit diagram in Multisim for class AB or anything :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
What exactly do you have a problem with?

I had a circuit it is work in Multisim, but when I build it a real one

It doesn't work !

Show us full circuit diagram.

Hi , well from my experience I can say that Multisim isn't always so accurate on some circuits when testing them.As real life is close to the book but not by the book always.
i just built some multivibrators and in real life with the exact same parts and circuit they behave different than in simulation.
You should show us the circuit to tell you more about it but basically any amplifier should be built stage by stage , you build one stage at a time then check it test it and if it works then build the next one.
I built an AB class push-pull amp too and firstly I had some problems but then it was just error correction and some faulty parts and everything went on.

Also it would be great for you to tell us not only the circuit but from where you got it.Some sources on the internet are not reliable at all and some are there because they put scams on the internet just for fun so that someone who isn't experienced enough would have problems with building one.

Hi , actually it is a circuit for ( Electronic Devices (Conventional current version) ) book P368

IMG-20121226-00207.jpg

I hope it is clear :uhh:

First I used as it said in the book (in Multisim) :

3 Resistors + 3 Diodes + (2 transistor: 2N3904 + 1 transistor: 2N3906 + 2 transistor: BD135 )

but the wave doesn't amplified, after that I add 1 capacitor in the input and another three Resistors ( R Load in the output ) it amplified.

in real, I do the same, the output amplified. The problem is I want to see the top half wave and the bottom half wave. I tried to separate the Q1 and Q2 from the circuit and test it, but it doesn't work ! and the same for Q3 and Q4 !

You should never built this Push-Pull Amp in the first place.
First you should add 1 ohm emitter resistor to Push-Pull stage. And use R1 resistor to set 0V at output without input signal .

I can't imagine people assemble an audio amp from discrete transistors in the 21st century. There are integrated circuits for that.

We did use discrete transistors when I was a teenager, and I have grey hair now.

1. What is a Power Push-Pull Amp (class AB)?

A Power Push-Pull Amp, also known as a class AB amplifier, is an electronic circuit used to amplify audio signals. It combines the characteristics of both class A and class B amplifiers, allowing for a more efficient and less distorted output.

2. How does a Power Push-Pull Amp work?

A Power Push-Pull Amp uses a pair of transistors, one for the positive half of the input signal and one for the negative half. These transistors alternate in amplifying the signal and then combine the two amplified signals to create a single output.

3. What are the advantages of a Power Push-Pull Amp?

One of the main advantages of a Power Push-Pull Amp is its efficiency. It is able to deliver a higher output power compared to other amplifier classes while consuming less power. It also produces less distortion, resulting in a cleaner and more accurate sound.

4. What are the disadvantages of a Power Push-Pull Amp?

One disadvantage of a Power Push-Pull Amp is that it is more complex and expensive to design compared to other amplifier classes. It also requires careful matching of the transistors to ensure balanced amplification, which can be challenging.

5. What are the common applications of a Power Push-Pull Amp?

Power Push-Pull Amps are commonly used in audio amplifiers, such as in home theater systems, car audio systems, and musical instrument amplifiers. They are also used in industrial and commercial applications, such as in power supplies and motor control circuits.