Practical knowledge in electronics

In summary, you want to learn how to design circuits. You can start with learning about voltage, current, and resistance. Once you know these basic concepts, you can start building circuits. There are a lot of resources available on how to do this, so be sure to explore them.
zahero_2007
Hi guys , I don't know anything in electronics past how to calculate voltage and currents in circuits containing resistors and batteries . I lack the practical knowledge of how to construct real circuits . I want to know how to design real circuits . Can some one please point me to resources on how to design real circuits.Alot of websites are full of schematics but I do not know how to use those schematics to design circuits

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
zahero_2007 said:
Hi guys , I don't know anything in electronics past how to calculate voltage and currents in circuits containing resistors and batteries . I lack the practical knowledge of how to construct real circuits . I want to know how to design real circuits . Can some one please point me to resources on how to design real circuits.Alot of websites are full of schematics but I do not know how to use those schematics to design circuits

Start with the most basic thing. V=I*R

Voltage = Current X Resistance

This one single equation can carry you a long, long way...and it always holds true without exception.

Consider perhaps getting some schooling?

psparky said:
Start with the most basic thing. V=I*R

Voltage = Current X Resistance

This one single equation can carry you a long, long way...and it always holds true without exception.

Consider perhaps getting some schooling?

I think zahero knows about Ohm's law - he said he can calculate voltage and current for simple circuits. But I agree, the theoretical foundations are important.

There was a similar question not long ago.

See
sparkfun dot com
discovercircuits dot com
tinaja dot com
allaboutcircuits dot com

and search out hobby sites.

and be sure to get your basic quantities well understood

charge
current
potential
energy
work
power

When you can explain each in simple terms you are ready to start building things.

Related to Practical knowledge in electronics

1. What is practical knowledge in electronics?

Practical knowledge in electronics refers to the hands-on skills and techniques that are necessary for working with electronic components and systems. It includes the ability to use tools and equipment, interpret schematics and diagrams, troubleshoot and solve problems, and build and repair electronic devices.

2. Why is practical knowledge important in the field of electronics?

Practical knowledge is crucial in electronics because it allows scientists and engineers to apply theoretical concepts to real-world situations. It also helps them to identify and rectify any issues or errors that may arise during the development or use of electronic systems.

3. How can one acquire practical knowledge in electronics?

Practical knowledge in electronics can be acquired through hands-on experience, such as building projects or working in a lab setting. It can also be gained through formal education and training programs, workshops, and online courses.

4. What are some practical skills that are important in electronics?

Some important practical skills in electronics include soldering, using multimeters and oscilloscopes, circuit design and analysis, and electrical safety practices. It is also important to have a good understanding of electronic components and their functions.

5. How can one improve their practical knowledge in electronics?

One can improve their practical knowledge in electronics by regularly practicing and building projects, staying updated on the latest technologies and techniques, and seeking guidance and mentorship from experienced professionals. Collaborating with others in the field and attending workshops and conferences can also help to enhance practical skills.