Best way to review inorganic chemistry before organic chemistry?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
MichaelBack12
Messages
18
Reaction score
2
Summary: What’s the best way to review inorganic chem in preparation for OC. Assume zero recall on basic college chem.

Are there study guides, online courses, etc. for this specific purpose?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
There is no "one size fits all" approach, as everyone has its own learning habits and learning style. I would personally start trying to solve problems from the textbook I originally used. Not only it would quickly show what I don't remember, but also I would more or less know where to look for the info in the book. YMMV
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: symbolipoint
Borek said:
There is no "one size fits all" approach, as everyone has its own learning habits and learning style. I would personally start trying to solve problems from the textbook I originally used. Not only it would quickly show what I don't remember, but also I would more or less know where to look for the info in the book. YMMV
I feel agree with that. Academically as I recall, there was no hardcore Inorganic course to the path of Organic Chemistry course but this does not mean that they are unrelated. Most typically General Chemistry is a rigorous survey course and the next course is the beginning Organic Chemistry course, so one could restudy General Chem from his textbook. If or when one feels well-reviewed, then enroll in Organic Chemistry. In the laboratory activities, O.C. will require the use of more complicated glassware equipment.