1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem with electric flux density

1. Jun 19, 2014 #1
    hello guys :)
    i need your help with this problem

i can understand that in (a) we will use the integral of row(v) * dv to get the charge
    and in (b) we will use the formule D(r)=Q/[4*PI*r^2]

but in (C) should it be zero or what ??
    and if it should be zero why in the solution manual it uses the formula of D(r)=Q[4*PI*(r^2)] again ?!!

i don't know what is the right answer for this ..so i need your help ..Thanks guys :)

mDihfnx.png

xtnFIzs.png

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 19, 2014 #2
    No, the answer you have -- ##32.5 \frac{nC}{m^{2}}## -- seems right. The only change in part c is that you're looking farther away from the charge distribution, so there's still going to be electric field there and so the flux density will be nonzero, but since you're farther away from the charge, the density is going to be less.

4. Jun 19, 2014 #3

rude man

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The Gaussian surface area A at r = 20 mm is what multiple of the surface at r = 10 mm? Use that to determine D(20mm)*A(20mm) = D(10mm)*(A(10mm).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted