Problem with my Pspice simulation on a converter

In summary, the conversation is about a simulation component that is showing green circles, indicating an error with the netlist. Suggestions are made to check the connections and designators, as well as the possibility of using different parts of the same component instead of separate components.
sniko
Homework Statement
not solved
Relevant Equations
need help
i have some green circle apearing on my simulation components as in the picture...
please help me to solve that problem

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    31.6 KB · Views: 327
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

The error text says there are problems with the netlist. Have you compared the Spice deck/netlist with your diagram? Maybe some connections were not made correctly?

Is it just my eyes or did you short a bunch of things at the top where the inductor L1 and the diode D1 are?

I cannot see the picture very well, but is there a -VCC? I didn't see where it was used. Not sure if these parts have hidden pins, and if there is a circuit file / library backing them. The schematic was very difficult for me to interpret- would it be possible for you to break them down into parts or stages?

Joshy said:
Is it just my eyes or did you short a bunch of things at the top where the inductor L1 and the diode D1 are?
Good catch! It does look like there are connection dots at both ends of that wire...

Thanks!

I would also look through the designators. I'm certain you shouldn't have two U2A.

I'm not so certain if the NANDs U3A and U4B would cause a netlist/compiling issues although I'm willing to bet you were meaning to use different parts of the same component (U3A and U3B) rather than two separate components and only one part of each as you have below.
zQkLy20.png

1. Why is my Pspice simulation not converging?

There are several possible reasons for this issue. One common reason is incorrect component values or connections in the circuit. Make sure all components are properly connected and have the correct values. Another possible reason is a lack of initial conditions for the simulation to start from. Try adding initial conditions for the circuit components. Finally, it could be due to numerical instabilities in the simulation. Try adjusting the simulation settings, such as the timestep or convergence criteria.

2. How can I fix errors in my Pspice simulation?

If you are getting errors in your Pspice simulation, check the error log for more information. Common errors include incorrect syntax in the netlist or errors related to component models. Make sure all components have the correct models and that the netlist is free of errors. If the error persists, try simplifying the circuit or breaking it down into smaller parts to isolate the issue.

3. Why is my Pspice simulation showing unexpected results?

There could be several reasons for this. First, check that all components have the correct values and models. Also, make sure the simulation settings are appropriate for the circuit. Another possibility is that the circuit is not properly grounded or has floating nodes. Check the connections and add grounding if necessary. Finally, the issue could be due to non-idealities in the components. Make sure to use accurate models for all components in the circuit.

4. How can I improve the accuracy of my Pspice simulation?

To improve the accuracy of your Pspice simulation, make sure to use accurate models for all components. Also, use smaller timesteps and tighter convergence criteria in the simulation settings. If possible, compare your simulation results with experimental data to validate the accuracy of the simulation.

5. How can I troubleshoot a Pspice simulation that is running slowly?

If your Pspice simulation is running slowly, try simplifying the circuit or breaking it down into smaller parts. Also, check the simulation settings and make sure they are appropriate for the circuit. Using larger timesteps and looser convergence criteria can also speed up the simulation, but may sacrifice accuracy. If the issue persists, it could be due to a large number of components or complex models in the circuit, in which case upgrading your computer's hardware may be necessary.