Program to create trees(binary)

• Thread starter darklide
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Program
In summary, the person is looking for a program to draw binary trees, and is unsure if their keywords are correct.
darklide
Hi all,
Im doing my final year project on black derman and toy model and for those who know about it, its a binary model.

Ive tried to use visio but it was a failure since i had to create eqns using microsoft eqn editor then place it on the visio tree

My problem here is to create nice binary trees and then place then in a word document. Anyone has an idea on how to do it?

P.S
I wasnt sure if it was the correct section to post this thread. its not really a homework question, rather its a way to find how they do in books to create the trees

Physics news on Phys.org
hmmm... if you hadn't specified using a Word document I was going to suggest LaTeX. There is a graphics package for LaTeX, PGF, that includes a module for drawing trees, and if I were writing a book or something, that's what I'd use. Although that might be more of a learning curve than you have time for, if this project is due any time soon.

Maybe a Google search for "binary tree drawing"? I'm sure there must be some options out there. You could also consider using a vector image editor, like Inkscape to draw the trees, and you can import the equations as images, however you choose to create them.

Thx for replying :)

I have already started writing on word and i don't know anything about LaTeX :S I'll try looking for other programs that can be used either as add-on to word or which i can copy paste the tree in word. If i don't find any by the end of the week then maybe I am going to start learning LaTeX

I've also tried googling but I ended up mostly with c/c++/c#/java codes on how to create a binary tree =_=' maybe my google keywords are wrong...i dunno

So does anyone know any "simple" program to draw trees? (ive checked out linkscape and it sounds a bit...complicated :S)

What is a program to create trees(binary)?

A program to create trees(binary) is a computer program that is designed to generate and display binary trees. Binary trees are hierarchical data structures that consist of nodes with parent-child relationships, where each node can have at most two children. These trees are commonly used in computer science for efficient data storage and retrieval.

What are the benefits of using a program to create trees(binary)?

Using a program to create trees(binary) has several benefits. First, it allows for efficient storage and retrieval of data, making it ideal for applications that require quick access to large datasets. Additionally, binary trees are easy to traverse and manipulate, making them a popular choice for sorting and searching algorithms.

What is the process of creating a tree using a program?

The process of creating a tree using a program typically involves defining the data structure for the tree, adding nodes to the tree, and specifying the relationships between the nodes. This can be done using various programming languages and algorithms, depending on the specific needs and goals of the program.

Can a program to create trees(binary) be used for any type of data?

Yes, a program to create trees(binary) can be used for any type of data. Binary trees are flexible data structures that can store any type of data, ranging from numbers and strings to more complex objects. The specific implementation of the program may vary depending on the type of data being used, but the underlying principles remain the same.

What are some real-world applications of a program to create trees(binary)?

A program to create trees(binary) has various real-world applications in computer science and beyond. It is commonly used for file systems, database indexing, and data compression algorithms. It is also used in artificial intelligence and decision-making systems, as well as in visualizations and simulations in fields such as biology and physics.