Project Natal: Milo - E3 Stage Demo, Virtual Human

In summary, the conversation discusses the computer science aspect of a program with impressive AI technology. The speaker is unsure about the type of learning the AI has and is curious about others' opinions. They also mention a video showcasing advanced technology, but note that it is not true AI. They express hope for future developments and mention the potential for a virtual version of a popular product.
djeitnstine
Gold Member
This probably belongs in the General discussion area but I'd really like to discuss the computer science aspect of this. The AI in this program seems quite amazing. I'm not sure what type of learning this AI has, would it be adaptive or preemptive...

This seems like the pinnacle of modern day technology nearly commercialized

I'd like to hear your views of it.

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6210718/?tag=top_stories;play_btn;3

Last edited by a moderator:
Technology news on Phys.org
The conversation was scripted, the boys response was pre-recorded, not put together from individual words by an AI.
The voice reconition and the ability to reconize the paper object and recreate it in the vertual world was pretty impressive, but not really AI.

Yea you do 1x job and present it like 100x job you have done...

Thats a shame by CS community and projects over the world.

I saw the video.İf I do comment, it will be fantastic but it will not occur in a short time
because I don't think the technology is sufficient.But after 5 years may be...

Instead of being skeptical, think of it this way. If this really works, then we can expect a much better version of Virtua Girl (not to mention cheaper than the real version).

Im not saying the technology doesn't look amazing, but the AI isn't there. They used scripting and presented it like there was one. Hopefully it will have a real AI when its ready for release.

There's no way to tell how scriptied the video was without personally interacting with the character. The motion detection from the camera is quite impressive, I'm waiting for a Star Trek holodeck and not being stuck with a single LCD TV in front of you :smile:

1. What is Project Natal: Milo?

Project Natal: Milo is a virtual reality project developed by Microsoft for the Xbox gaming console. It uses motion sensing and voice recognition technology to create an interactive and immersive experience.

2. What is the E3 Stage Demo of Project Natal: Milo?

The E3 Stage Demo of Project Natal: Milo was a live demonstration of the technology at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in 2009. It showcased the capabilities of the virtual human character, Milo, and how users could interact with him through gestures and voice commands.

3. How does Project Natal: Milo work?

Project Natal: Milo uses a depth-sensing camera and an array of microphones to track the movements and voices of the user. This allows for a more natural and intuitive interaction with the virtual human character.

4. Can you have a conversation with Milo?

Yes, Project Natal: Milo is designed to have conversations with the user. It uses artificial intelligence and natural language processing to understand and respond to the user's questions and statements.

5. Is Project Natal: Milo available for purchase?

No, Project Natal: Milo was never released as a standalone product. However, some of its technology and features have been incorporated into other Microsoft products, such as the Kinect sensor for Xbox.