Projective Methods For Stiff Differential Equations

In summary, the conversation is about the topic of projective methods for solving stiff differential equations. The person is struggling to create a program for the first-order differential equation using this method and is seeking help with finding the algorithm. They are also advised to be more specific and prepare specific steps for others to help them.
mt2019
TL;DR Summary
Good evening,
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/688b/e703a59a4a0c6fc96b4e42c38c321cd4d5b8.pdf
Do you know :PROJECTIVE METHODS FOR STIFF DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
I have to make a program to solve a first-order differential equation according to this method but I do not arrive despite my efforts. I'm coming back to you to help me find the algorithm. Thank you
Good evening,
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/688b/e703a59a4a0c6fc96b4e42c38c321cd4d5b8.pdfDo you know :PROJECTIVE METHODS FOR STIFF DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
I have to make a program to solve a first-order differential equation according to this method but I do not arrive despite my efforts. I'm coming back to you to help me find the algorithm. Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
You cannot expect that people will study this 16 pages paper to solve your problem. So either you hope that someone already knows what you presented, or you must be more specific, i.e. people could be able to help you on specific steps, which you should prepare for this matter.

fresh 42 thanks for your reply. my problem is summarized in this page. I want an algorithm for projective forward Euler method.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.7 KB · Views: 308

What are projective methods for stiff differential equations?

Projective methods for stiff differential equations are numerical techniques used to solve differential equations that involve very small or very large numbers. These methods use a combination of extrapolation and interpolation to improve the accuracy of the solution.

Why are projective methods important for solving stiff differential equations?

Stiff differential equations are notoriously difficult to solve using traditional numerical methods because they involve very small or very large numbers. Projective methods are specifically designed to handle these types of equations, making them an important tool for solving stiff differential equations.

What are the advantages of using projective methods for stiff differential equations?

Projective methods have several advantages over traditional numerical methods for solving stiff differential equations. They are more accurate, more efficient, and can handle a wider range of problems. They also have better stability properties, meaning they are less likely to produce inaccurate or unstable solutions.

What are some common applications of projective methods for stiff differential equations?

Projective methods are commonly used in fields such as physics, engineering, and finance to solve stiff differential equations. They are particularly useful for modeling systems that involve highly oscillatory behavior, such as electrical circuits, chemical reactions, and financial markets.

How do projective methods compare to other numerical methods for solving stiff differential equations?

Projective methods are generally considered to be more accurate and efficient than other numerical methods for solving stiff differential equations. They also have better stability properties, making them a preferred choice for many applications. However, they may require more computational resources and can be more complex to implement.