Prove that n^n (is less than or equal to) 1*3*5 .(2n-1).Where n is any natural no.

• Thread starter Sumedh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Natural
In summary, we need to prove that for any natural number n, the expression n^n is less than or equal to the product 1*3*5...(2n-1). The suggested method is to use induction and show that the left-hand side is greater than or equal to the right-hand side. With the help of the person responding, it was eventually proven that the inequality holds.
Sumedh
Prove that n^n (is less than or equal to) 1*3*5...(2n-1).Where n is any natural no.

Homework Statement

Prove that n^n (is less than or equal to) 1*3*5...(2n-1)

n^n ≥ 1*3*5...(2n-1)

.Where n is any natural number.I think Arithmetic or Geometric progression is used (A.P.>G.P.)

The Attempt at a Solution

i don't know how to solve this type of questions.
please give hints only for how to solve

Physics news on Phys.org

That seems to be a tricky problem.
I would suggest to try induction. Assume that the inequality holds for k. Then check what you multiply with on the left-hand side and on the right-hand side to get from k to (k+1). This way, I was able to show that what you multiply the left-hand side with is greater than that on the right-hand side, but it wasn't easy. Do the first steps and I can help you if you are having troubles.
btw: it's greater than or equal to, not less than or equal to

i got it
thank you for your help

Related to Prove that n^n (is less than or equal to) 1*3*5 .(2n-1).Where n is any natural no.

1. What does the expression n^n mean in this context?

The expression n^n means the value of n raised to the power of n. For example, if n=2, then n^n would equal 2^2=4.

2. How do you prove that n^n is less than or equal to 1*3*5*(2n-1)?

To prove this inequality, we can use mathematical induction. First, we can show that the statement is true for n=1. Then, we can assume it is true for some arbitrary value of n, and use algebraic manipulation to show that it is also true for n+1. This will prove that the statement is true for all natural numbers.

3. Can you provide an example to illustrate this inequality?

Sure, let's take n=2. Then, n^n=2^2=4 and 1*3*5*(2n-1)=1*3*5*(2*2-1)=15. Since 4 is less than or equal to 15, the inequality holds true for n=2.

4. What assumptions are being made when proving this inequality?

The proof assumes that n is a natural number, as specified in the given question. It also assumes that the values of 1, 3, and 5 are positive integers. Additionally, it assumes that the operations of multiplication and exponentiation follow the properties of real numbers.

5. Can this inequality be generalized for any value of n?

Yes, this inequality holds true for any natural number n. This can be proven using mathematical induction, as mentioned in the answer to question 2. Therefore, the inequality is not limited to a specific value of n, but rather applies to all natural numbers.