1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Prove that n^n (is less than or equal to) 1*3*5 .(2n-1).Where n is any natural no.

1. Feb 1, 2012 #1
    Prove that n^n (is less than or equal to) 1*3*5.....(2n-1).Where n is any natural no.

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Prove that n^n (is less than or equal to) 1*3*5......(2n-1)

n^n ≥ 1*3*5......(2n-1)

.Where n is any natural number.I think Arithmetic or Geometric progression is used (A.P.>G.P.)

3. The attempt at a solution

i dont know how to solve this type of questions.
    please give hints only for how to solve

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 1, 2012 #2
    Re: Prove that n^n (is less than or equal to) 1*3*5.....(2n-1).Where n is any natural

That seems to be a tricky problem.
    I would suggest to try induction. Assume that the inequality holds for k. Then check what you multiply with on the left-hand side and on the right-hand side to get from k to (k+1). This way, I was able to show that what you multiply the left-hand side with is greater than that on the right-hand side, but it wasn't easy. Do the first steps and I can help you if you are having troubles.
    btw: it's greater than or equal to, not less than or equal to

4. Feb 4, 2012 #3
    Re: Prove that n^n (is less than or equal to) 1*3*5.....(2n-1).Where n is any natural

i got it
    thank you for your help

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook