Proving the Relationship between Delta and Theta in an Isosceles Triangle

  • Thread starter Thread starter kahless2005
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Triangle
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 5K views
kahless2005
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Given an Iscosles Triangle with defined angle "delta". The other two angles are equal and bysected by the radius of a circle. Continuing the rays of the radius and two equal length sides of the triangle yields two equal angles "theta"a. I need to show that "delta" = 4*"theta"b - 2*"theta"a.

My work:
I assume that this is supposed to be two rays of light passing through a drop of water without any refraction.

I need to know whether "theta"b is the angle on the other side of "theta"a, or is it the other "half" of the bysected angles.


Its been too long since I've done geometry, and I did not have a good professor
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You description is rather diffucult to follow.

Could you provide a diagram?
 
If you have a scanner, then scan the diagram you were working from. Start a new post (reply to this thread). In the page you then goto, you will be able to upload a file.
If you don't have a scanner, then use a graphics/image editor to draw the diagram, save it, then upload it.
 
nevermind, I figured it out... Thanks for the help anyway Fermat!