1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pspice opamp DC open loop gain

1. Dec 31, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Hi, im trying to use pspice student to work out a ideal opamp. This is what i did:
    qsp3bk.png

2. Relevant equations
    I have find out the gain for my opamp using simulation. But the problem is how can i find out the DC open loop gain using this software? i have google it and it just show me the way of "spice" to find out the open loop gain. In my courework, i need to use the simulation.

Thanks for the help

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 31, 2011 #2
    There are a lot of ways.

The easy way is to open the loop then manually adjust the input voltage until you get a finite output voltage that's not at the rails. Then take the ratio of output to input.

This is a "C" answer. There are better ways; see if you can figure one out.

4. Jan 1, 2012 #3
    Thank you for your time
    I am not quite understand what you mean by "that's not at the rails"?

5. Jan 1, 2012 #4
    The amplifier in your diagram is "closed loop" because you have a feedback resistor of 100k from the output ( terminal 6) to the - input ( terminal 2)
    Open loop means removing this feedback resistor ( the open loop gain will be very, very high !!!!!!!)
    "not at the rails" means the output voltage is less than the power supply voltages +/- 10V ( power supply connections are sometimes called " the rails")

6. Jan 1, 2012 #5
    Thanks for the info. I have simulate the open loop gain out but it seems like wrong.
    waveform: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2mrn69
    Do you see what is the problem with that?

I have connected a cap paralle with R2 to decrease the noise. And how can i find out the offset voltage for my opamp? It said i have to connect the terminal 1 and 5 to zero to get the offset voltage. But i am still confusing how can i do that?

7. Jan 1, 2012 #6
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook