Pspice inverting opamp input resistance

In summary: This would give you the input resistance. For output resistance, you could try using a voltage source at the output and measure the current through it. This would give you the output resistance. In summary, in order to find the input and output resistance of an op-amp using Pspice, you can either analyze the subcircuit using the OrCAD Model Editor or run a simulation and calculate the resistance using input voltage and current.
hoheiho
I am working with Pspice student verison 9.1. Is there any simply way i can find out the input and output resistance in pspice?

400px-Simple_design_daisy_inv_ampl_1000.jpg

basiclly my opamp is same as this without Rg resistor

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't use pspice, but you can look at the circuit and immediately see the input impedance is Ri and the output impedance is zero.

sorry.. i mean the Rin in opamp

someone said it can find in output file...could anyone tell me how can i do it?

Last edited:
What you can do is open up the library with the OrCAD Model Editor (a separate program) and find the part. I found something like this.

Code:
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* connections:   non-inverting input
*                |  inverting input
*                |  |  positive power supply
*                |  |  |  negative power supply
*                |  |  |  |  output
*                |  |  |  |  |
.subckt uA741    1 2 3 4 5
  c1   11 12 8.661E-12
  c2    6  7 30.00E-12
  dc    5 53 dx
  de   54  5 dx
  dlp  90 91 dx
  dln  92 90 dx
  dp    4  3 dx
  egnd 99  0 poly(2) (3,0) (4,0) 0 .5 .5
  fb    7 99 poly(5) vb vc ve vlp vln 0 10.61E6 -10E6 10E6 10E6 -10E6
  ga    6  0 11 12 188.5E-6
  gcm   0  6 10 99 5.961E-9
  iee  10  4 dc 15.16E-6
  hlim 90  0 vlim 1K
  q1   11  2 13 qx
  q2   12  1 14 qx
  r2    6  9 100.0E3
  rc1   3 11 5.305E3
  rc2   3 12 5.305E3
  re1  13 10 1.836E3
  re2  14 10 1.836E3
  ree  10 99 13.19E6
  ro1   8  5 50
  ro2   7 99 100
  rp    3  4 18.16E3
  vb    9  0 dc 0
  vc    3 53 dc 1
  ve   54  4 dc 1
  vlim  7  8 dc 0
  vlp  91  0 dc 40
  vln   0 92 dc 40
.model dx D(Is=800.0E-18 Rs=1)
.model qx NPN(Is=800.0E-18 Bf=93.75)
.ends

Using this model, it may be possible to draw out the subcircuit and solve for input resistance.

Alternatively, you could attempt to run a simulation and divide input voltage by input current.

1. What is the purpose of using Pspice for inverting opamp input resistance?

Pspice is a simulation software that allows scientists and engineers to analyze and predict the behavior of electronic circuits. In the case of inverting opamp input resistance, Pspice can help determine the input resistance of the opamp circuit, which is essential for understanding its overall performance.

2. How does Pspice calculate the inverting opamp input resistance?

Pspice uses mathematical models and circuit analysis techniques to simulate the behavior of the inverting opamp circuit. By considering the input voltage, feedback resistance, and other circuit parameters, Pspice calculates the input resistance of the opamp circuit.

3. Can Pspice simulate different values of input resistance for an inverting opamp circuit?

Yes, Pspice allows users to change the input resistance value and observe the corresponding changes in the circuit's behavior. This feature is useful for comparing different input resistance values and selecting the most suitable one for a specific application.

4. Are there any limitations to using Pspice for analyzing inverting opamp input resistance?

Pspice relies on the accuracy of the circuit model and the input parameters provided by the user. Therefore, if the model or parameters are not accurate, the simulation results may deviate from the actual circuit behavior. It is essential to verify the results with physical measurements.

5. Can Pspice be used for other types of opamp circuits besides inverting opamps?

Yes, Pspice can simulate various types of opamp circuits, including non-inverting, differential, and instrumentation amplifiers. It is a versatile tool for analyzing and designing different electronic circuits and systems.