1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pursuing physics after B-tech

1. May 9, 2012 #1
    Hi
    am a student of engineering really interested in physics.tried engineering but discovered that its not my cup of tea.I would like to take up physics again.And i was wondering if there was anyway i could pursue a career in physics after my B-tech.As in is it possible to have an integrated masters program majoring in both engineering and physics..or maybe a major in engineering with a minor in physics or anything like that?I finsh my B-tech in a year and would really like your suggestions.

help would be appreciated
    thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2012 #2
    Look for ZapperZ's "I have so and so degree, can I get into physics?" thread.

There are also a number of students having done BTech degrees and then gone on to do PhDs in physics in the states. Try contacting them via www.physicsgre.com - search for "BTech" (and similar keywords) before making a thread. I wasn't even looking for those threads and I saw 3-4. In that very website's "applicant profiles" thread, there is someone with a BTech in Civil Engineering who got into a few PhD programs in physics.

4. May 9, 2012 #3
    Thank you for the prompt reply.And really sorry i search the forums before.
    Thanks again

5. May 9, 2012 #4
    No problem.

Here is the thread I mentioned. Look for the post by kammyuce.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook