Quantum intersesting questions

• Thread starter katati_22
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Quantum
In summary, the conversation discusses the potential consequences and changes in physical processes if certain variables, such as the charges of particles and the direction of time, are reversed in the universe. While the answer may vary depending on the specific variables being changed, overall, the idea is that field theory remains invariant. However, since this is a philosophical question and cannot be physically tested, it is impossible to know for certain what would happen.
katati_22
What would be the similarities and differences if live in a universe in which nuclei(eg proton in an H atom) have a negative charge and electrons have a positive charge? Support ideas with quantum mechanics...

Last question..what would be the consequences if time continually decreases rather than increase. Again support ideas with quantum mech/mathematics.

Physics news on Phys.org
In the second part, are you asking what would happen if time is reversed? If so, than I say let's also switch left and right. Then we have reversed charge, time, and direction. In this case nothing will change since field theory is CPT invariant.

If you want to look at each case specifically, the processes may change depending on what you are looking at.

In summary, if we flip the charges, reverse time and space, nothing will change, but if we only do one or two of these it depends.

Louis Cypher

Technicaly this answer is correct, but a better answer would be I don't know?

If one cannot physically test an idea then one predicts the results using quantum mechanics one comes up with the answer given but what about QED no not Quantum electro Dynamics which was to be proven.

The answer is I can make a guess but I don't know wether it's right or indeed If what I'm basing my guessing on is in fact true ergo ?

Philosophy I know but what if quantum mechanics is wrong?

It at leasts bares thinking about

FAQ: Quantum intersesting questions

1. What is quantum mechanics?

Quantum mechanics is a branch of physics that deals with the behavior of matter and energy on a very small scale, such as atoms and subatomic particles. It is based on the principles of quantum theory, which describes the behavior of particles at the atomic and subatomic level.

2. What is the difference between classical and quantum mechanics?

Classical mechanics is the branch of physics that deals with the behavior of larger objects, such as planets and cars, while quantum mechanics is concerned with the behavior of particles on a much smaller scale. Classical mechanics follows the laws of classical physics, while quantum mechanics follows the laws of quantum physics, which are often counterintuitive and probabilistic in nature.

3. What is entanglement in quantum mechanics?

Entanglement is a phenomenon in which two or more particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle is dependent on the state of the other, even when they are physically separated. This means that measuring one particle can instantly affect the state of the other, regardless of the distance between them.

4. What is the Heisenberg uncertainty principle?

The Heisenberg uncertainty principle is a fundamental principle in quantum mechanics that states that it is impossible to know both the exact position and momentum of a particle at the same time. This is because the act of measuring one property of a particle affects the other property, making it impossible to determine both with complete precision.

5. What are some real-world applications of quantum mechanics?

Quantum mechanics has a wide range of applications in modern technology, including transistors, lasers, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines. It is also being researched for its potential in cryptography, quantum computing, and quantum teleportation.