Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Queen Sonja of Norway's art debut

1. Nov 9, 2011 #1

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Our (Consort) Queen Sonja has for years been known as a patron of the arts.
    Of high-bourgeouis origin (her father was just a bulk merchant of clothes fabrics, nobility was abolished in the 1820s Norway),
    she has also had the reputation of an insufferably nobility-aspiring b*tch (in particular with respect to her servants). This year, she debuts with 8 paintings at an art exhibition, and I must say I'm quite impressed. Our queen certainly shows taste, refinement, and a definite sense of class, whatever art critics might say (slide show in link following):
    http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/11/09/kultur/dronning_sonja/kongestoff/kunst/grafikk/18957002/
    Our neighbouring country, Denmark, has a Reigning Queen, Margrethe who has proven herself an able illustrator of beloved fairy-tales, and shares with our own King Harald the laidback, self-confident and charming sense of their own inherited, exalted position that a "mere" spouse like Sonja rarely develops..

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 9, 2011 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I actually liked a few of them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook