1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question About Accepting an Internship

1. Feb 25, 2007 #1
    Hi guys. I recently got into an internship where I would be doing research in bionanotechnology. My first problem is that I randomly applied for it, not knowing anything about bionanotechnolog. My second problem is the fact that I have not heard back from all of the other internships that I applied for in astrophysics. I need to accept or reject the offer fairly soon, so what should I do? Should I go into a field I have never considered and see if I get lucky, or should I wait for the other offers and make my decision then, but with the risk of losing this first opportunity? Thanks for your help!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 25, 2007 #2
    I'd probably at least contact those others you've applied to and tell them the situation. At least the one(s) that you want the most.

4. Feb 25, 2007 #3

tmc

Similarly, you could try getting the bionano offer extended; explain your situation, and they might be able to wait a bit longer for your answer.

5. Feb 25, 2007 #4
    Thanks guys, I'll do that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?