Question about Eclipse Platform

In summary, the conversation discusses how to compile and run C++ code in Eclipse, specifically in a way that is similar to using the pico editor. The person is having trouble getting their code to run, even though they know it works. They suggest checking if the C++ compiler is installed and if it came with Eclipse. They also mention finding tutorials and going step by step to help with the process.
jimmyv12
How exactly do I compile and run C++ code in eclipse as though it were in pico? I've wrote code that I know works, just a simple "Hello World" program, but I can't figure out how to make the one file program run!

Technology news on Phys.org
Do you have the C++ compiler installed? Did it come with the Eclipse platform? I had a problem the first time I downloaded Eclipse because I didn't get the right compiler.

To run in Eclipse, I believe is under one of the context menus. I don't currently have Eclipse in front of me otherwise I'd be of more assistance.

Also, try looking up some tutorials using Eclipse and go step by step, that's how I got my Android apps written. (Not posted, just played around with it)

HTH

To compile and run C++ code in Eclipse, you will need to first install the C++ development tools. Once installed, you can create a new C++ project and add your code file to it. To compile the code, you can click on the "Build" or "Compile" button in the toolbar or use the shortcut key Ctrl+B. This will generate an executable file in the project's build folder. To run the program, you can click on the "Run" button or use the shortcut key Ctrl+F11. This will execute the program and show the output in the console window.

If you are trying to run the program as though it were in pico, you may need to configure the project's build settings to use pico as the compiler. This can be done by going to Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Tool Settings and selecting pico as the compiler. You may also need to specify the location of the pico compiler in the "Path and Symbols" section of the project's properties.

If you are still having trouble running your program, it may be helpful to consult the official Eclipse documentation or seek assistance from the Eclipse community forums. Additionally, you may want to check if there are any specific requirements for running programs in pico, such as certain libraries or dependencies that need to be included in the project.

What is Eclipse Platform?

Eclipse Platform is an open-source software development environment that provides a framework, tools, and plugins for building and deploying applications across multiple platforms.

What are the key features of Eclipse Platform?

Eclipse Platform offers a rich set of features, including a customizable user interface, advanced code editing and debugging capabilities, support for various programming languages, and integration with popular version control systems.

Is Eclipse Platform free to use?

Yes, Eclipse Platform is completely free and open-source. It is released under the Eclipse Public License (EPL), which allows for free distribution and modification of the software.

Can Eclipse Platform be used for both desktop and web applications?

Yes, Eclipse Platform can be used for developing both desktop and web applications. It supports various languages and frameworks, such as Java, C++, and Web Tools Platform (WTP), making it a versatile tool for different types of projects.

How can I contribute to the development of Eclipse Platform?

As an open-source project, Eclipse Platform welcomes contributions from the community. You can contribute by reporting bugs, submitting patches, or joining one of the many Eclipse projects and working groups.