Question about ghosts/spirits

• Thread starter kauai_diver
  • Start date
my uncertainty

I usually confine myself to facts and act like an agnostic most my long life, but one experience about 20 yrs ago still has me wondering.
I dropped off a loved pet of 13 yrs to be put to sleep at the vet, and when leaving in my car about the time the dog may of been put to sleep I felt a flush rise up through my body, from feet to head and then leave with me suddenly crying.
Probably that was a unexpected rush of emotions for me, an old war veteran, but it also seemed to fit a suspiciously stretched wild idea that maybe the pet dog was saying goodbye to me in some strange way.
A lot of things in life don't make sense and my website of art and humor is often motivated by my curiousities in these areas. Unfortunately, science during my lifetime hasn't gotten much closer to answering these questions. Just gullible fanatics on one side and closed minded doubters on the other side.

Gil of someplace called www.surrealcity.com and the high desert and sometimes humid spots.

precognition

If precognition exists and is a result (or manifests itself) of a survival mechanism probably the best place to look for it is in something close to the bottom of the food chain. Maybe even an insect like a silverfish/cockroach or something?

btw: the rabbit picture is interesting

Last edited:
Doc
Ivan, I don't know what you had done to your cat at the vet, but it is possible that something he may have been given affected his vision. Maybe he 'saw something' in his upper field of vision that naturally wasn't there. But the cat doesn't know this, he though it was a grand oppurtunity to chase something he had never seen before. He was maybe so preoccupied with it that he ran into the door. I have seen cats in similar situations where they seem so concentrated on something that they become unaware of some of their surroundings. They can get pretty crazy compared to the seemingly lazy, laid back beings that they usually are.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by Doc
Ivan, I don't know what you had done to your cat at the vet, but it is possible that something he may have been given affected his vision. Maybe he 'saw something' in his upper field of vision that naturally wasn't there. But the cat doesn't know this, he though it was a grand oppurtunity to chase something he had never seen before. He was maybe so preoccupied with it that he ran into the door. I have seen cats in similar situations where they seem so concentrated on something that they become unaware of some of their surroundings. They can get pretty crazy compared to the seemingly lazy, laid back beings that they usually are.

Sorry, I think my story got a little twisted. The cat that went to the vet never came home [in mortal form at least ]. This was THE trip to the vet for our beloved Mr. Dirt. The other cat was at home - Einstein. He never left home but acted so very strangely right after we returned from having Dirt put down.

I don't mean to argue that no other explanations exist. But IMHO, to ignore these events as not even potentially significant is nothing short of intellectual dishonesty. These events were very striking. I have had cats my entire life and I am pretty familiar with normal cat behavior. I have had Einstein for almost 13 years and this was a completely unique episode. He has never acted like this at any other time.

For years people would catch their cats staring wildly at the walls. For years people thought that cats were imagining things or hallucinating. I read several explanations that focused on cat brain structures, and optical effects causing false images, and some suggestions were made that cats get a little nuts as they age. Someone finally realized that the cats can somehow track mice and rats in the wall. I don’t know if this is by some infrared effect, or if this is by sound, but they weren't hallucinating; they were just two steps ahead of us.